Friday, July 4, 2014

The Friday 56 #8





This week I'm going to participate once again in Friday 56, sponsored by Freda's Voice.  Here are the rules:



Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.





"The black thing in side the globe pulsed and twitched like a beating heart.  It seemed to become more animated the longer we stared at it.  It was almost like a gelatinous cauliflower.  Here and there on its velvet surface, a mound would rise up, like a mosquito bite, a black pimple, and then burst open at its peak." 

10 comments:

  1. Sounds gross! But now I'm curious about this book.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: SIX MONTHS IN MONTANA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely had gross bits! Thanks for stopping by and I'll check out your post!

      Delete
  2. eh...wow what a bright color of green. Don't think this book has any trouble getting attention ;)

    my BB and 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's a very bright shade! Perfect for the title/theme of the book I'd say. Thanks for visiting and I'll be sure to visit back!

      Delete
  3. I'm kind of glad that 56 ended, or I would have started screaming. It seems so gross. Is it a grasshopper or a spider or....? Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good book! It had a lot of creepy sentences on that page. It was hard just picking those! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Um... ew.... LOL.
    Descriptive, that's for sure. Sounds good, even if a lil gross.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it had a lot of gross stuff in it. :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It was a very good science fiction/coming of age type of novel. Thanks for stopping by and I'll make sure I check out your post as well.

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.