Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stacking the Shelves July 20th, 2014





Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.   I've got quite a bit to share this week!  So let's get started.


E-galleys from Netgalley:



 Friday Free Nook Book:

 The funny thing is I decided to get this one when I saw a fellow Barnes and Noble employee online dissing it.  Their complaint actually peaked my interest.  And hey, free!

Borrowed from friend:




 

I had checked the first one out from my high school library.  And decided after finishing it that I wanted to go ahead and read on.  So I knew my friend Kim had at least the first compendium, so I texted and asked her to borrow it.  And she brought it to me on Tuesday, along with the next one in the series.  Guess that way I can decide how many more will be okay to order for my school library.  And it should help tide me over until October when the show will finally be new again!

Purchased:






 Now, I did get an ARC of Sinner, by Maggie Stiefvater at BEA.  And while the ARCs are normally my favorite copies of books to have, when I saw she had created these special book covers, I had to have one.  Unfortunately, the only way to get one was on her tour, or to pre-order it from Fountain Books.  So, I pre-ordered one, and finally got it this week.  The 2nd one is because I need to read on in the series, it will go along with my September is for Sequels Challenge that I've done the past two years, as well as my Prequel and Sequels challenge.  The 3rd book was on the bargain table for $3.98 at Barnes and Noble.  And with my 30% employee discount, I couldn't pass it up when I saw that Jonathan Maberry was one of the authors included.

So those are the things I've added to my shelves this week.  What all did you add this week?