Monday, October 27, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - October 27th, 2014

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  I am a bit late this week. I should have gone ahead and posted on Saturday, when I had nothing I was doing besides cleaning my house all day.  But I wanted to wait until Sunday, just in case I bought any books at the bookstore while I was working.  Which I had no money, so not sure why I thought that might happen.  But then yesterday was very busy.  After working till 1:30, I then went and met my dad's family for lunch at Arthur Bryant's BBQ because my sister had flown in from NYC to surprise my dad and watch the Royals with the other fans in Kansas City.  Then I went straight from there to my brother and sister-in-law's house so that I could spend time with my 2 year old niece.  And once I got home from there, it was a little after 8, and I had to watch The Walking Dead, and then go to bed to get up for work today, sooooo, here we are finally with my very small stack.  Although I do need to do a video tour or something of my bookshelves, as part of my cleaning on Saturday included straightening and doing some organizing of my bookshelves and the room they are in.  I did decide I'm probably going to need one more tall, 5 shelf bookcase to get more books off the floor I think.

E-galleys:
-->



The first one is by an author that I just loved her first series!  The book is already out, but they just offered on Netgalley, so I requested it right away!  The 2nd book is one I found on Edelweiss, and it sounds pretty good as well!

Books won:

I usually wait to share any books I've won until they actually appear.  This one came in the mail last week and 
I think I won it, but I can't remember for sure if I won it or traded for it on YA Book Exchange.  I still have the envelope it came it, but it doesn't have the person's name on it that it came from. Although there was an owl stamped on the envelope and then a pretty owl ribbon tied around the book.  If you sent it to me, or know who it might be from, please leave me a comment and help me remember!   
EDIT  I just remembered, I got this from Jill over at The O.W.L. when she posted that she had a book she was going to give away, and I guess I was the first to ask for it!  Sorry Jill, can't believe I forgot!  :-)

And that's all I added this week.  How about you?  What books did you add to your shelves this week?