Thursday, October 23, 2014

Opposite Book Tag


I was tagged by Ellen at Random Smiles to do this.  She had seen this tag on YouTube, but as she says, nothing's stopping us from doing it here. This might be the original video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adAHTL.... So here are the questions (Ellen got these from dreamlandbookblog):
First book in your collection/Last book you bought:


 I know this probably wasn't my very 1st book, but it was the one I first remember my mom buying me the set of the first ones when I was a kid at a Sears Outlet.  I still have it.

This is the last book I probably actually bought and will be adding to my collection when I'm done!




A cheap book/An expensive book:

-->

 I'm not sure how much I actually paid for this one, but I'm sure I probably bought it in a book order at school for like 75
--> ¢.

I didn't actually buy this one, got it as a gift, but it was probably at least $35.  I'm sure I had textbooks that cost more when I was in college though. 


A book with a male protagonist/One with a female protagonist:



 Even though there is a little girl on the cover, the protagonist is a 16 year old boy named Jacob.

I chose the last book I read which had a female protagonist, as most of the books I tend to read do, it was a teen girl named Sterling.


 A book you read fast/One that took you long to read:



 Now, it only took me 1 day to read this.  But part of the reason is that I was recovering from surgery at the time, and pretty much had nothing else to do but read.

This took me over 6 months.  Not because it was hard to read, just because I kept it in a certain room (the bathroom) to read whenever I might need something.


 Pretty cover/Ugly cover:



 All the covers in this series by Jodi Meadows are just beautiful!

Now technically I don't actually think this one is ugly, I just think compared to the original cover of the book before they changed it, it's not as pretty.


 A national book/An international book:



 The coolest thing was when I found out Heather Brewer lived in Missouri, so that made me even more excited to promote her books.

I was so excited when I learned that Sarah Rees Brennan is from Ireland.  I so want to go there and find an Irish man to fall in love with.


 A thin book/A thick book:



 When The Green Mile first came out, it was in 6 small parts of less than 100 pages each.  That is how I read the book.

Gone With the Wind, one of my favorite books ever at over 1000 pages.  I'm sure I've read longer, I just felt like sharing this one.


 Fiction book/Non-fiction book:



 I thought I'd pick a historical fiction, and this one is about the time in between World War I and II, when Hitler was rising to power.  I've read a lot of World War II stuff, but not a lot about this earlier time period.

I grew up in the 80s and was a fan of River Phoenix.  So when this book showed up on Edelweiss I jumped at the chance to read it.  Very sad story, but very eye opening.


 Very (way too) romantic book/Action book:



 Honestly, I don't read a lot of mushy romance.  In fact I get bored really quickly if the romance isn't good.  But I picked one that is the closest to this choice here.

All of Rollins' books have good action in them, so I chose one of his.


 A book that made you happy/One that made you sad:



 This book left me with such a huge smile on my face.  Go read my review HERE

And I cry every time Edward leaves in this book.  Even though I now know he's coming back, it is still sad every time.  Say what you will, it is Meyer's writing that does that.



If I tag you, I'll let you know.  Don't forget to link me back so I can see your answers! If you want to participate even if I didn't tag you, feel free to join right in and link me as well.