Sunday, April 20, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - April 20th, 2014


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. A few things this week.  The only physical books were ones I bought, but that's okay I guess.

Physical books purchased:









So I had to buy Dorothy Must Die, because I had to give the ARC up to someone else at the bookstore where I work part time.  And I must have my own copy of it to get signed when I moderate the panel with the author in May.  The 2nd book I bought because I went to listen to the author, the Hungry Girl, Lisa Lillien at my bookstore this past week.  I wasn't able to meet her or get it signed unfortunately, because my mom's knee couldn't take the standing in line, and no matter how much I told her to go sit down while I stood in line, she wouldn't do it.  And the last one is a book I'd wanted for awhile.  I'm hoping that instead of taking a creative writing class (cost of that is too much right now), I can use that to help me get better at writing.

E-book purchased (only 99 cents!):


Normally I'd only do these types of books for free, but this one sounded pretty good, and 99 cents isn't too bad.

E-galley from Edelweiss:


I can't remember if I shared this when I first requested it, but I waited till after I'd read the 2nd book to actually download it, since it is only good for 60 days after download. Since I just finished Book 2 this past week, I went ahead and downloaded the e-galley of the third one this week.

Not much this week, but that's okay!  It's not like I will ever again in my life be able to say that I have nothing to read.  Plus, with BEA coming up, that'll be a bunch more books.  I did get notified of winning a book this week, and when I replied asking if they needed my address, they didn't reply, so I'm hoping it's really on its way.  It is one I was going to buy this week until I saw that I'd won it.  I'll let you know when I get it I guess.

So how about you? What books were added to your shelves, physical or e-reader, this week?

24 comments:

  1. Dorothy Must Die! I can't wait to read that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorothy Must Die was really good! Hope you get a chance to read it soon!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read Dorothy Must Die! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it, hope you get a chance to read it soon!

      Delete
  3. I need to read Dorothy Must Die so badly! I have heard such great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really thought it was a unique story. I hope you get a chance to read it soon.

      Delete
  4. i've heard so much hype about dorothy must die and i really want to read it it. hope it's as awesome as everyone says it is. looking forward to your review :)

    hope you can stop by my StS Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was pretty good, very unique. You can check out my review, last month I think it was. I'll be sure to check out your STS as well!

      Delete
  5. I have heard mixed reviews of Dorothy Must Die, so I'm hoping I'll like it!
    Happy reading, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I haven't seen any bad reviews of it, although I've seen the controversy of who it is published by. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. So I've been seeing Dorothy Must Die eeeeverywhere. I am going to have to check it out.
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty unique story retelling. Thanks for visiting and I'll check out your STS as well!

      Delete
  7. Parasite deep looks good- I have no idea what it's about but the cover looks cool so I'll have to go and scope it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cheap, and looks like a pretty good sci-fi story. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. I REALLY loved Dorothy Must Die! You should see my copy - it's got rainbow tabs and highlights galore. I hope you enjoy it. ALSO, super jealous that you're going to get it signed!

    And that 642 Things to Write About - I've had my eye on that every time I go to B&N. One day!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already read and loved Dorothy Must Die, just had to own my own copy of it. I finally decided to get that book, not that I needed to spend that money. Now I just have to make myself use it!

      Thanks for visiting my STS in return!

      Delete
  9. So jealous that you got Dorothy Must Die, I am dying to read it! Happy Reading, thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good! Hope you get a chance to read it soon! Thanks for returning the visit.

      Delete
  10. I love Hungry Girl! And Dorothy Must Die is on my list. Enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't know if I'll keep the Hungry Girl Diet book, I know I love her recipes, but don't know that I'll follow her diet. Thanks for returning the visit!

      Delete
  11. I hope you enjoy all of your new books! I've only heard of Dorothy Must Die, and I know how popular that one is. Have a fabulous week!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorothy Must Die is pretty good! Thanks for returning the visit!

      Delete
  12. Dorothy Must Die is popular this week. I really hope to get it soon! Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only been out about 2 weeks. Hope you get your hands on it soon!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.