For today's post I'm kind of lumping a bunch of different types of books together. There are so many different types of nonfiction, or "true" books. I'm going to choose a few of my favorites that I actually read and share them with you.
1. I already shared probably my favorite with you, and that was biographies/memoirs. You can go back and read my post on that HERE.
2. My second favorite group would probably be science. As a former science teacher, with my undergraduate degree in biology and earth science. Some of my favorite science books you can see below, and you can tell I guess, that I'm a huge dinosaur freak. And the last one I actually included with my biography post back on #1, but it is a lot of science, and I loved that.
3. My 3rd favorite type of nonfiction is humor. This can be memoirs again, I love a funny life story. Or else lately there have been some books based on technology type things that I read and it just cracks me up!! Here are a few of my favorites.
4. History is another area that I sometimes find interesting. I don't know that I've actually read that many history books, and a lot of them though, are often true crime types of books. Here are the ones I remember reading. The last one I'm still reading. I have it on my iphone and whenever I go somewhere and don't happen to have anything to read, I can pull it up and read.
5. The final type of nonfiction I like to "read" are cookbooks. I technically don't read them, just look for recipes I like and then make them. If I have time. And I also picked this because I got to listen to the author of the Hungry Girl cookbooks, and now diet last night, so I wanted to share that picture. But first I'll share 3 cookbooks I have actually used.
And here is a picture of Lisa Lillien, the "Hungry Girl" herself, speaking last night at the Barnes and Noble where I work part time.
So, how about you? Do you read much nonfiction? If so, what type do you like to read?