Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - Under Their Skin by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.  This week my choice is a new book, which I guess is going to be a new series by a favorite author of mine, Margaret Peterson Haddix.  I loved her Among the Hidden series, as well as her Found series.  But here is the blurb from Goodreads about this new series:


From New York Times bestselling author Margaret Peterson Haddix comes the first book in a brand-new thrilling series about twins who are on a quest to discover the secrets being kept by their new family.

Nick and Eryn's mom is getting remarried, and the twelve-year-old twins are skeptical when she tells them their lives won't change much. Well, yes, they will have to move. And they will have a new stepfather, stepbrother, and stepsister. But Mom tells them not to worry. They won't ever have to meet their stepsiblings.

This news puzzles Nick and Eryn, so the twins set out on a mission to find out who these kids are - and why they're being kept hidden.


I think it sounds like an interesting new series!  What do you think? Have you read this author before?  And what book are you eagerly awaiting this week?

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The author writes a good suspenseful story, so I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of this author's books yet but I hope you enjoy this!

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I will too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Definitely sounds interesting. Why would they not meet the step siblings? You've got me curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This author always has great story ideas. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. I didn't even know this book was coming out. I love her books and am adding it to my TBR. Thanks! Renee'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few authors that whenever I'm trying to come up with a book for WOW that I go check on Goodreads to see if they have anything new listed. :-) She is one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Hmmm, new book by this author. I don't think her books are for me but I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Lisa. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get ahold of it soon! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like Hansel and Gretel retelling.. without the witch I guess.. :) Great pick Lisa! :)

    Donita @ My Random Book thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh! I never thought of that, but yeah, you're right! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Yes, this does sound interesting. Hope you don't have to wait long. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it posted on Edelweiss or Netgalley yet, but I'll be looking! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. I have not heard of this one before. It sounds like on that I will enjoy. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an author I always highly recommend! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I haven't seen this one yet, but it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought as well! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  10. That's a great cover and the synopsis sounds really good. Definitely one that I could enjoy with my son and daughter (9 & 11). Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier in the week!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haddix's books are definitely perfect for that age group! Hope you can get it and try it when it comes out. Thanks for returning the stop!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.