I know many of you have signed up for the September is for Sequels Giveaway Hop. But the reason this came about is because of the idea I had last year for a challenge, (well to give credit to who I got the idea from, it was Ems Reviews Books). I've really noticed that as I started getting more and more advanced readers copies of books, and now e-galleys, that often I'd get the first book in a series, love it, and then since I often didn't get the sequels as ARCs, I would buy them, or even not buy them, but they'd end up on my TBR pile. So seeing all the challenges that other blogs did, I thought I would set aside the month of September to try to get through as many of those sequels, whatever point of the series I was at, anywhere from #2 to #5, or beyond. I think the first year I had about 10 people participate, but only had about 6 last year. I'm hoping by getting this posted earlier in the month, maybe I can get some more people. Plus I'm going to link up on the Giveaway Hop post to direct people here as well.
To read and review a minimum of 4 sequels between the dates of September 1st and 30th, 2014.
My goal is to read 12 books, that's three a week, which is the same amount I set my goal for last year. Which ones I actually read may change, but here are the 12 I plan to read:
- Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles #4) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Asunder (New Souls #2) by Jodi Meadows
- Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine Harris
- The Fox Inheritance (Jenna Fox Chronicles #2) by Mary E. Pearson
- Light (Gone #6) by Michael Grant
- Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin #3) by Robin LaFevers
- Altered (Crewel World #2) by Gennifer Albin
- Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #2) by Laini Taylor
- Caught (The Missing #5) by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Sinner (Wolves of Mercy Falls #3.5) by Maggie Stiefvater
- Arianna's Destiny (Arianna's Honor #2) by Michelle Sodaro
- It would be good if you had a blog to post reviews, or you can be a Goodreads Member and post your reviews on the site.
- The book must be a sequel - it can be any # in the series, just not the first book. Prequels can count if they were published AFTER the first one in the series. You can do e-books, even ARCs or e-galleys, as well as good old fashioned books. And, I'll even let you count the little 1.5 novellas that are often published as e-books only.
- The deadline to sign up and participate is September 15th.
- You must post on your blog an entry that has a list of the sequels you're planning to read, but it doesn't have to be complete, or you could even just post your goal, do you plan to read 8, or more? You can always go back as the month proceeds and enter the books as you read and review them.
- Make sure you grab the button and put it in your entry post, or on the sidebar of your blog.
a Rafflecopter giveaway