Am I the only blogger/reader who falls in love with the first book in a series, and then as I get more and more books to review, more firsts in new series, the sequels tend to sit on my shelf? I mean I have to buy the sequels right away, usually once they come out, but then they sit on my shelves as I work my way through review books and other new series. Well, a few years ago I had an idea for a challenge, (well to give credit to who I got the idea from, it was Ems Reviews Books). Seeing all the challenges that other blogs did, I thought I would set aside the month of September to try to get through as many of those sequels, whatever point of the series I was at, anywhere from #2 to #5, or beyond. I think the first year I had about 10 people participate, only 6 the 2nd year, but back up to 13 last year. I'm hoping by getting this posted earlier in the month, maybe I can get some more people this year. This fits right in with many other challenges, such as the TBR Pile Challenge, End of Series Challenge, etc. I'm also going to host a Giveaway Hop to go with this, and will link back to that as soon as I get it posted as well.
To read and review a minimum of 4 sequels between the dates of September 1st and 30th, 2015. My goal is to read 8 books, that's only 2 a week, which is the less than I set my goal for last year. But, I know that I still have lots of e-galleys to try to get through for the next few months, because I wasn't good about not requesting everything until just recently. I also will be in New Orleans the last weekend in September, and while I intend to have books, and my Nook with me, (they always go when I travel), I'm not sure how much time I'll get to spend reading. Plus, one of my books is a pretty big, thick one, so it will take longer than the others will. But here is my plan, even though it may change as the month goes by:
- Arianna's Destiny by Michelle Sodaro
- Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu
- Evertrue (Everneath #3) by Brodi Ashton
- Lair of Dreams (The Diviners #2) by Libba Bray
- The Storm (The Rain #2) by Virginia Bergin
- Infinite (New Souls #3) by Jodi Meadows
- End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days #3) by Susan Ee
- The White Rose (The Lone City #2) by Amy Ewing
- It would be good if you had a blog to post reviews, or you can be a Goodreads Member and post your reviews on the site. I'll open it up to people who want to post reviews on Amazon or Barnes and Noble as well.
- The book must be a sequel - it can be any # in the series, just not the first book. Prequels can count if they were published AFTER the first one in the series. You can do e-books, even ARCs or e-galleys, as well as good old fashioned books. And, I'll even let you count the little 1.5 novellas that are often published as e-books only.
- The deadline to sign up and participate is September 15th.
- You must post on your blog an entry that has a list of the sequels you're planning to read, but it doesn't have to be complete, or you could even just post your goal, do you plan to read 8, or more? You can always go back as the month proceeds and enter the books as you read and review them. If you don't have a blog, then you can just post a comment on this post listing your goals.
- Make sure you grab the button and put it in your entry post, or on the sidebar of your blog.
a Rafflecopter giveaway