Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Storm (The Rain #2) by Virginia Bergin

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.  My choice this week is the sequel to a book I read and enjoyed last year.  It was called H20 then, but is now called The Rain I guess.  I believe the egalley is available on either Netgalley or Edelweiss now as well.  So I will have to get it.  Here is the blurb on the sequel from Goodreads:


"I'll tell you a weird thing about apocalypses - a thing I didn't even know until I was in one: they seem pretty bad, don't they? Well, take it from me: they can always get worse."

Three months after the killer rain first fell, Ruby is beginning to realise her father might be dead . . . and that she cannot survive alone. When a chance encounter lands her back in the army camp, Ruby thinks she is safe - at a price. Being forced to live with Darius Spratt is bad enough, but if Ruby wants to stay she must keep her eyes - and her mouth - shut. It's not going to happen. When she realizes what is going on - the army is trying to find a cure by experimenting on human subjects - Ruby flips out . . . and makes an even more shocking discovery: she's not useless at all. The Storm begins . . .



Sounds so good.  I can't wait to read on and find out  what happens after this big natural disaster.  My only issue is that I loved the cover of the first one when it was called H2O 
The slipcover actually had holes in it, it was cool!  Not sure this new one matches up.  

Anyway, what about you?  What book are you waiting on this week?

While you're here, make sure to go enter my July New Release giveaway HERE.