Saturday, June 27, 2015

Audiobook Review: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling

For my 3rd audiobook to listen to, I chose this one because it was narrated by the author, and I am a huge fan of Mindy Kaling, especially after her show.  This was so much fun to listen to.

The book goes through her family life, growing up, school, college, moving to NYC, getting jobs like on The Office, etc.  To hear her telling it was so much fun.  I have to say as I listened to it, I just knew that I need to be friends with her.  She talked about how she ended up with a friend that they could sit and talk about things and no one else could understand why they did that.  I can totally be the same way, and seem to have different friends for each of the things I want to talk that way about.  A lot of the things she talked about made me think that if you were popular back in school, you might not find the things as relatable and funny as I did.  I loved hearing of her love of food and also being dressed for photo shoots. 

For the most part I agreed with almost all she talked about.  But there were two main things I did not:  chest hair (on men of course), and not taking free cupcakes when offered. 

Not too much more to say without going on and on about every single chapter, so I'll just share my Goodreads updates as I read it:


If you enjoy a self-deprecating, yet full of self confidence persona, Mindy Kaling is the person to listen to, or read if you have time for the actual book.  I used Scribd again, and still had issues with listening to it in my car.  Probably not going to continue listening with that after my free 30 days.