Hopefully, once I get moved mid- June, or by the end of June, I'll be able to sit outside on my new patio while my dogs play in the backyard, and just do some writing without other things getting in the way.
Anywho, let's get started with the reading stats May.
Once, again, according to Goodreads, I've read 99 of the 215 books I've set as my goal for the year, and at one time I was 11 books ahead of schedule which led to me bumping my goal up to 220 now. May made up 21 of those. I am 9 books ahead of schedule, and if I get up above 10 books ahead again, I'll consider bumping my goal up to 225. But we'll see how that goes with going back to work part time at the bookstore now that summer is out, having to pack and move this month, etc.
Here is a list of books I read in May, and I'll link to my review if I've finished it:
- Time by Penny Reid
- Things We Never Said by Samantha Young
- Ask Me Anything by Molly E. Lee
- Boyfriend Bargain by Ilsa Madden-Mills
- Dance With Me by Kristen Proby
- How (Not) to Date a Prince by Zoe May
- Happy Messy Scary Love by Leah Konen
- Faking It by K. Bromberg
- That Second Chance by Meghan Quinn
- Heartthrob by Robin Bielman
- Starfish by Lisa Becker
- No Place Like Here by Christina June
- Midnight Blue by L.J. Shen
- Love Under Construction by Aubree Valentine
- Two Like Me and You by Chad Alan Gibbs
- Baby Yours by Kennedy Fox
- The Haunted by Danielle Vega
- Truth or Beard by Penny Reid
- The Game Changer by Jaqueline Snowe
- Fluffy by Julia Kent
- Fearless King by Maya Hughes
- Five Midnights by Ann Davila Cardinal
Books that I read in April but didn't get reviewed until May are:
- The Last Voyage of Poe Blythe by Ally Condie
- Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan
- Romanov by Nadine Brandes
- Birthday Suit by Lauren Blakely
Okay, on with my challenges.
1. Once again I kept up with my Looking Forward To posts, on Wednesdays as much as possible to tie in with the Can't Wait Wednesday posts.
May 29th - June 4th books
May was also a bad month for getting out and commenting on blogs. I did some of my regular blogs, as well as participating in the Wednesday posts when I could. But I wasn't always good about keeping track of it in my planner like I had been. Let's see if I can back on that with summer break now. Although, twice in May I had a a few days with no internet service in my house, so I'm blaming part of my issues on that.
Been doing well on cleaning up my Goodreads TBR with my weekly post and giveaway (except that I keep adding new to Goodreads), as well as even my physical TBR a little. I still only have one person joining in, but feel free to join in as well. Here are the posts for that:
2. My Reading Goals are coming along with the Goodreads challenge. As I mentioned above I upped my goal 5 more books for the year.
No new discussions this month.
And.... I still need some kind of button for the First in the Series Challenge, although once again, didn't do any from my list!
May was mostly doing end of the school year stuff at school, and waiting for the year to be over. The school where I am a librarian is an International Baccalaureate school, and so a lot of May is spent testing, which means a lot of the tests take place in the library, and we are closed. You'd think that would make for getting lots of things done, but it does not. Because we can't really be moving around much during the test. Also, the printer students use to print out their papers for classes is in the library, so one of the librarians, me or my coworker, have to sit outside the library and go in and out getting papers off the printer because students cannot come in and out. It's a pain. But we're done now. So yay! Two months off!
Looking forward to in May:
Okay, so here is my proposed TBR based on my blog tours and review requests for this month:
- If It Makes You Happy by Claire Kann - Reading an e-galley of this one right now and enjoying it! Review will be posted on the 4th.
- The Red Zone by Amie Knight - just started an e-galley yesterday, review on the 4th.
- Storm and Fury by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I have an e-galley, hoping to get read and post a review on the 9th.
- Back for More by Sylvia Kane - I've got an e-galley of this 7th book in the 425 Madison series, and I can't wait to read it! My review of this will be on the 10th.
- Dying to Meet You by Rich Amooi - I've got an e-galley of this to read, excited since the first book I read by this author last year was so good. My review of this will be on the 11th.
- Never Contented Things by Sarah Porter - review on the 12th
- The Chosen by Taran Matharu - review on the 15th
- The Friend Zone by Sariah Wilson - review on the 15th
- Hungry Hearts: 13 Tales of Food and Love by Elsie Chapman - review on the 16th
- Parental Guidance by Avery Flynn - review on the 18th
- The Locker Room by Meghan Quinn - review on the 20th.
- Risking it All by S.M. Koz - review on the 21st
- The Evil Queen by Gena Showalter - I have the egalley from Netgalley for this one, wish I had a physical ARC, hope to review on the 22nd
- The Virtue of Sin by Shannon Schuren - I won an ARC from Bookish First, hope to review on the 23rd
- Accidentally in Love by Katy Ames - the final book in the 425 Madison series, can't wait, review will be on the 24th
- The Accidental Girlfriend by Emma Hart - review on the 26th.
- Courting Kate by Tori Kron - review on the 27th.
- Secret Love by Isabella White - audiobook review on the 28th.
- Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren - listening to right now.