Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Review: The Accidental Girlfriend by Emma Hart

Book info:
TitleThe Accidental Girlfriend
Author:  Emma Hart
Genre:  Adult romantic comedy
Release Date:  June 25th, 2019
Source:  E-galley from Social Butterfly PR which did not influence my opinion.
My rating:  4 stars

Synopsis:
Top Tip: Don’t put out an online ad offering your services as a fake date. Someone will take you up on it.

And it won’t just be for one night.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I ended up being Mason Jackson’s fake girlfriend.

He didn’t even want me to be. No—his sister was solely responsible for me being his date for his ten-year high school reunion.

Now, she’s responsible for telling his parents our relationship is real.

We have no choice. We have to act like this isn’t all a mistake, like it’s not all fake, like we’re totally, completely, utterly, head-over-heels in love with each other.

Simple, right?

Wrong.


Get your copy today!
Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/TAGEmmaHart

Add to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2VQEBut

My Review:
So, I pretty much love all things that I have read by Emma Hart, and I knew I'd have to read this one as soon as I heard about it.  It started out a little iffy for me, because while I get why Mason's sister signed him up for a fake girlfriend, the whole reasoning behind Lauren advertising to do it was a little iffy on actually making sense to me.  But that's okay, because in the end, the whole deal turned out to be as hilarious as Hart's other books have been.  Once again the banter and fun of the characters interactions made this a read that I sped through.  This was a very simple story compared to the others that I've read.  Just basically the fake girlfriend romance you expected.  It was pretty predictable, which made it a nice easy summer read.  I did enjoy how once again the author weaves the hilariousness of elderly relatives into the family dynamics of her stories.  While this isn't going to go on the top of my list of Emma Hart books, it was a good one.