Saturday, September 10, 2016

Audiobook Review: Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street #6) by Samantha Young

Book info:
TitleMoonlight on Nightingale Way  
Author:  Samantha Young
SeriesOn Dublin Street #6  
Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Published:  June 2nd, 2015
Source:  Downloaded digital audio from public library

 Once again there was a character I almost completely identified with.  Like her I prefer to not have conflict.  So much that I'll often avoid things, because it makes me feel bad to cause any conflict.  I don't know how to explain it, I'll just say that the author described it perfectly.  

We have two main characters again, although the story is only told from one of their viewpoints.  Grace is our narrator.  She is living as someone who does copy editing basically for authors, to help them get their books ready to be published.  She is living away from her family, as they weren't the best family, not even really a good one!  It all begins with Logan moving next door to Grace.  Logan is the brother of Shannon, who we met in the last book, Echoes of Scotland Street.  He's just gotten out of prison, where he was was sent for beating up his sister's ex-boyfriend for attacking her.  But anyway, Grace's introduction to Logan is his loud sex life, and one of the girls leaving her underwear out on the stair landing to dry.  Grace and Logan's first visit doesn't go that well.  The two of them immediately butt heads.  They're definitely both attracted to each other, but each has their own reasons for staying away from the other.  Both of them will also have to change some of their preconceived images of each other as new situations come to light.  

Then one day, there is a big shocker that shows up on Logan's apartment landing.  Grace is there and because of just being in the right place at the right time, she becomes a major part in this new part of Logan's life.  This change will be a big one.  It will put a damper on Logan's man-whore ways, although after two years in prison, you can't quite blame him for being that way.  And it isn't just Grace's family that is horrible, we get to see even more of Logan's family being their usual selves as we saw in Shannon's book, and not being very accepting of this change in his life.

But being friends has all kinds of benefits for both Grace and Logan, not just the friends with benefits kind though.  Grace gets to meet Joss through Logan and Shannon, and Joss is one of her favorite authors.  And then there is being part of a new family like the Carmichaels and co.  It is a wonderful group of people, as we know from reading all the books.  

I won't go on and spoil any more of the story.  Just know that as usual the sex is steamy, and the writing is such that you won't want to put it down to do anything else.  

The last 7% of the story was an epilogue that went back and visited all of our beloved couples from the other books.  And I loved it.  But I knew it kind of meant the series is over, which the author says she has no plans to go back to that story at this time.  But I am going to miss my On Dublin Street family.  Even though I will be keeping my Nate Sawyer book around to pick up and read whenever I feel like it.  Not to mention I get to meet the author at the end of the month!  So excited!  Only 3 weeks from today I should be in New Orleans getting to meet Samantha Young, and will hopefully be wearing the Nate Sawyer shirt I designed for myself on Cafe Press.  If you haven't started this series yet, you need to pick it up!