Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Redux (Tricksters #2) by A.L. Davroe

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.  This week it is the sequel to a book I really loved last year, Nexis, by AL Davroe.  Here is the blurb from Goodreads: 

The domed city of Evanescence is in ruins. With nowhere to go, prodigy hacker Ellani “Ella” Drexel and a small band of survivors flee to the Undertunnel below their city.

To escape the wasteland she unknowingly created.

But sanctuary is hard to find. With malfunctioning androids and angry rebels at their backs, the group hopes to press on for the neighboring city of Cadence. But Ella’s chosen path is challenging…life-threatening, even. Worse, the boy she loves is acting distant, and not at all like the person she first met in Nexis.

But then Ella learns a secret…and it changes everything.

Ella knows she needs to turn back and make a stand to reclaim her home. She’s determined to bring a new—and better—life to all who’ve suffered.

Or die trying.


I really liked this story, and the guys in it, the video game was so cool!  You should go read my review of the first book with the link above.  Have you read anything by this author?  What book are you eagerly anticipating this week?

9 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book, but I hope you enjoy this one. Have a great week!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the first one a lot. Can't wait to get ahold of this one and see where the story goes next. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Haven't heard of this series! But I love the cover, definitely will give them a try.
    Check out my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, I really enjoyed the first one! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. This looks really cool and I looked at your review of the first book too. On to my tbr it goes. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you read it, you'll have to let me know what you think of it! Thanks for returning the stop!

      Delete
  4. I've not heard of this book! Or read anything by this author. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it, Lisa!

    Have a fantastic weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one was my first book by this author, although I'd followed her on social media for quite a while. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the first one, and wait for book 2! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I so need to read the first book in this series. I love the cover for Book 2. I hope you enjoy it.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.