Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Calling (Seer #2) by Rachelle Dekker

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.  As usual I've chosen a sequel to a book that I really enjoyed, The Choosing.  I don't know if I knew at the time there would be a sequel, but I had hoped for more of the story based on how it ended. So I was very excited to see that there would be another book.  Here is the blurb on this second book from Goodreads:


Remko Brant had never been so sure of anything as escaping the Authority City with Carrington Hale. But bravado comes easy when you have nothing to lose. Now a husband, father, and the tactical leader of the Seers, Remko has never had so much at risk.

As he and his team execute increasingly dangerous rescue missions inside the city, they face growing peril from a new enemy. Recently appointed Authority President Damien Gold claims to be guiding a city shaken by rebellion into a peaceful, harmonious future. But appearances can be deceiving. In order to achieve his dangerous ambitions, Gold knows he must do more than catch the rebels―he must destroy the hope their message represents . . . from the inside out.

With dissension in his own camp―and the CityWatch soldiers closing in―Remko feels control slipping through his fingers. To protect those he loves, he must conquer his fears and defeat Gold . . . before one of them becomes his undoing.


I'm ready to see what will happen next in this interesting series.  While there is the Christian undertone to the story, there wasn't really ever an in your face aspect to it, and that is really enjoyable for me.  

That's my pick, what are you waiting for this week?