Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sunday Post #43, Stacking the Shelves, and November 2015 Wrap-Up

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.
 Last week on the blog:
I didn't do so well with reviews this past week.  I do have another book that I finished that I need to review, but I didn't have time to really review it yet.  However, even though I didn't get my goal of two reviews a week met this week, I did actually reach my Goodreads goal of reading 130 book a whole month early.  Yay!  I'm guessing part of it is the audio books I've been listening to, but I figure they count, right?  And I'm ahead on my e-galleys for a change!  Probably because there hasn't been very many that I've got downloaded over the next few weeks.  I had a nice Thanksgiving with both sides of my family.  I had to work 8 hours on Black Friday at the bookstore where I work part time.  Since I gave up on my NaNoWriMo novel this year, I was able to do more reading. Still kind of sad about it, but hey, still not sure how much of a writer I really want to be. 

This week on the blog:
  • Promo Post:  The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden
  • Cover Characteristic:  Beds
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Review:  Hellraisers (The Devil's Engine #1) by Alexander Gordon Smith
  • Book Tour:  Shadow in the Sea by Sheila A. Nielson
  • Debut Authors Tour Stop:  Holly Bodger - author of 5 to 1
  • Possible reviews:  Armada  by Ernest Cline, Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Need by Joelle Charbonneau
I should probably finish my audio book this week.  I'm enjoying reading Onyx before bed each night. Sometimes getting so wrapped in it I forget to go to bed when I plan to!  I'm excited that the Debut Authors Tour got started again this year!  It looked like because of the issues with a certain stalking author last year that they weren't going to do it again this year.  But then things changed, and it's back! And I'm so excited to get to host two really awesome authors!  The first one will be this Saturday.
As I look back on the challenges and stuff that I've done this past year I've been thinking about hosting my own year-long challenge.  Something I find myself saying a lot, especially on other blogs when they do their WOW posts, is that I still need to start some book series that everyone loves.  Examples, Throne of Glass series, Covenant series by JLA, The Styclar Saga, and The Madman's Daughter, to name a few.  And some of these I even have the first book in the series, just haven't had the time to pick it up yet.  So I'm thinking of doing a challenge for that, maybe it's called "It's New to Me"?  Don't know.  Wondering if anyone else would join in or if it's worth messing with.  It may just be a personal challenge. We'll see.  
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  A small list this week, the way I need to keep it!

--> Physical books:
-->



Both were from the publishers.  The first one I think I asked for through the Shelf Awareness e-newsletter.  The 2nd was unsolicited.

E-galleys:

Only one this week. Very proud of myself!  Although it didn't feel like there were actually that many that popped up.

No free e-books, or any purchased books!  Part of that is because I was broke.  Plus my extra discount for employee appreciation days starts tomorrow at the bookstore where I work, so I'm waiting for that too.  As for the free ebooks, I haven't seen too many that sound that great, and I've been deleting the emails before I read some of them to even get tempted.

End of the month Wrap-Up:
  • Series Ender Challenge:  As long as it is the final book and no more come out, I finished the Fallen series by Lauren Kate when I read Unforgiven.  I finished the Penryn and the End of Days series by Susan Ee when I read End of Days.  That gets me to 4, so I may not quite reach my goal of level 2, but we'll see!
  • TBR Pile Challenge:  I'm not sure if End of Days  will count for this or not, but I think maybe it does?  Otherwise, none.
  • Fit Blogger:  Nothing.  I really need to go to the gym that I'm paying for!
So, that was my November, even with one more day, that's about it.  How was your November? Do you think you might want to join into a challenge next year like the one I'm thinking of doing?