Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Cover Characteristic: Books

The Cover Characteristic meme is hosted at  Sugar and Snark.   Here are the guidelines:

Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite covers with that characteristic. If you want to join in and share your 5 favorite covers with the weeks particular characteristic, then just make a post, grab the meme picture (or make your own) and leave your URL in Linky (so we can visit).
You don’t even need to participate, just stopping by and saying hi would be great! Don’t forget to stop by the other participants!


Okay this week all I can say is WHOA!  I had so many books that had pictures of books on the cover.  So I tried my best to narrow it down to 10.  Although some of them have multiple books on one number.  I grouped together series and also I have one grouping of picture books.  So here we go!

10.  Picture books:





  9.

8.  Libraries or Bookstores




 7.

6.

5.

4.

3.  Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde - you'd think all would have books on the cover, but only 4 of the 5 I've read do.






  2.

1.  And my favorite of all is a book by my author friend, Michelle Sodaro.  I'll explain why after you see it.

So you're probably thinking, where is the book?  And this is kind of plain compared to the others. But what I like about it, is that as I read, I found out that this is the cover of the book that is the main part of the story, so I love that about it!

I'll bet you could give me a ton more ideas for covers with books. And there are so many that I will see at the bookstore where I work that I haven't read, or don't know that I'll ever read, so they didn't get included.