Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today's post is just to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving.  I hope that you get to spend time with your family for at least part of the day, or else do something that you enjoy.  I always have a big lunch at my mom's house, and then go to my dad's house for a big dinner.  At  my mom's house, all my aunts and uncles on her side will be there, and we will all draw names to see who we will buy a gift for when we have our family Christmas party and gift exchange.  At my dad's it will be nice because my sister who lives in NYC will be coming home and we will all get to spend time together.

I picked the Snoopy graphic above in honor of the movie coming out.  And before I go on with anything else, I must put a gif of Dean Winchester eating pie.  It just fits so perfectly, and, it amuses me.

 

Now, here is a wish of bookish things that I am thankful for this year:
  1. Still glad to have my library job and be out of the classroom
  2. Grateful for my friend that I did NaNoWriMo with last year working with me throughout the year on reading through last year's novel, and helping me get prepared to try again this year.  
  3. I'm glad that I've been getting a few more publishers sending me books.
  4. It's been another great year for winning books in giveaways as well.
  5. I'm still extremely grateful for all the authors that I get to talk to because they are on Facebook or Twitter.
  6. I'm grateful for all my followers, both old and new, and hope that you will continue with me on this blog for a long time to come.
And because I love gifs, here are some more fun ones to enjoy!

This one shows how I feel about all the food!



At my dad's house, a lot of times the food isn't ready right away, and this is how I feel sometimes.



Let's slow down and look at one of my favorite floats in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade:



And I'll leave you with one of the best Thanksgiving gifs ever:


 


Happy Thanksgiving!