Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Post #5 and Stacking the Shelves - February 16th, 2014


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

Last week on my blog:

So while I only had 4 posts this week, instead of 5, or even 6, I definitely made my goal of 2 reviews this week by having 3!  I also had a giveaway as I reached 1900 followers on GFC.  If you haven't entered yet, click on the link above, you have until the end of February to enter!  I had some book issues this week.  I was reading The Blood Gospel by James Rollins.  I had picked up a stripped cover copy at the bookstore where I work.  However I didn't take into account how weird it was to already see a stripped cover of such a recent paperback.  And when I got to chapter 31, the next page was upside down, and there was a section of the last couple chapters I'd just read all upside down in the middle of the book.  Then, when it got back to being right-side up, it was chapter 35.  So several chapters missing. So I had to put that book down and wait until I get a copy that's not missing those pages.  Then, I was contacted by the woman who started the Move Books publishing, who I had worked with a few years ago, to read another manuscript, so I fit that into my schedule instead.  Unfortunately I can't review that just yet.

Also, the winner of my Romance is in the Air Giveaway is Krista, and I've contacted her, and she has chosen her book.  

This week on my blog:
  • Review:  Insanity by Susan Vaught
  • Review:  Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
  • Review:  The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Cover Characteristics (or other Friday meme)
  • Stacking the Shelves
One review is already scheduled. The second one I am reading now, so I know it will get posted, the 3rd one will also probably get read this week and posted.  There may be one more, as I have 2 other e-galleys besides The Secret Diamond Sisters that are going to expire next Tuesday, the 25th, I believe the day they are published.  So this will probably have to be a week dedicated to lots of reading, as they are all books I really want to read!  Thank goodness for a day off with President's Day tomorrow!



Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  A kind of slow week to be sure.

E-galleys:


 (from Edelweiss)
(from Netgalley) 

So what are you planning for the upcoming week?  Did you add anything to your shelves this week?