Sunday, February 9, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - February 9th, 2014


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  This week I visited Half Price Books for the first time, as well as finally getting the books I was waiting on for the library, so I have some physical books to share for a change.

E-galleys from Edelweiss:





So the first one is a sequel to Dualed, a book I wasn't quite sure about, but do want to see what will happen next, and the 2nd one just sounds pretty interesting.

Borrowed from the Library:



Both books I had been on the waiting list forever.  One I was supposedly next on the list to get it, but it came after the other one, within a day.  So I got them the same time.  I think I'll spend my Valentine's Day reading the 2nd one as I know it will be a quick read.

Purchased at Half Price Books:





Both of these are a little bit older, but ones I still have wanted to read.  I must say I was a little disappointed in Half Price books.  Some books for sale, not half price.  Then, I brought over 20 books in to trade, and only got $6 for the.  I know they have to make money, but since I didn't see a single book for less than $1, I would think giving me at least 50 cents per book would have been fair.  Oh well.  They were books I either wasn't ever going to read, or ever read again, so $6 is better than nothing.  I put it towards these two books, but still had to cough up $9 of my own money.  Also, I found an ARC on one of the shelves.  I brought it up to them, and all they would say is that sometimes they missed them.  Um, how?  You look through the books before you buy them, and it says it right on the cover.  I'm sure they put it right back on the shelf after I left.

Enough about that, I'd say it was a pretty good week for me.  How about you?  What books did you add to your shelves this week?

And don't forget to enter my Romance is in the Air Giveaway HERE.

20 comments:

  1. Great haul! I love Attachments so far and am hoping it is as good as Fangirl. I went a bit crazy with bargain books this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl is the other one I really want to read by that author. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great books. Hope you like Possession. I really enjoyed that series. I just got Cress and Ignite Me from the library. Can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so as well! Sounds like you got some great books from the library! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Girl of Nightmares is a favorites of mine! I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Anna Dressed in Blood, so I'm excited to read this one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Great haul. I really need to get Girl Of Nightmares!! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read Attachments! I really likes Fangirl.

    I remember trying to sell some books at a used bookstore and they gave me crap money as well. I think I'll try to set up a book trading ring with some friends instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do give books away, and do the YA Book Exchange, although even that lately hasn't been great for me. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I'd like to read Attachments. :) I really liked Eleanor & Park. My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, can't wait to read it! Thanks for stopping by and I'll check your STS as well!

      Delete
  7. I love Attachments, as its the first Rainbow book I read. It sucks about not getting much for your books though :( I quite often see ARCs in charity shops. Different because people have donated them for free, but its still selling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they should donate them to schools or someplace where they won't be sold. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Enjoy Walking Disaster. I really enjoy that series!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy the first one, although I felt guilty reading it. Hoping that this one will make me feel better reading from his side of the story. Thanks for returning the comment favor!

      Delete
  9. Half Price Books!!! Between there and the library, you've been to a couple of the most MAGICAL places on earth! Looks like you've got yourself a healthy haul here, Happy Reading!;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I've been wanting to read Attachments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it sounds so good! Will have to fit it in soon!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.