The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s
a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog,
showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is
coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme. I'm actually working and making a bit of a dent in the books I've finished that need to be reviewed. I'm nowhere near being caught up, but I can see a little progress. One thing that is helping is doing multiple mini-reviews in one post whenever I get a chance. I've also added a second notebook that works kind of like a calendar, but it keeps track of my books and what day I need to read them by as well as a list of what books I've read for the month. Here is a look at it:
It's numbered to 28 on every page, and then there is room to add a 29 and 30 at the bottom. The only problem is months with 31 days, but as you can see for May in the picture above, I've figured it out.
Here is a close up of the May TBR side of the notebook. This helps me to look at a straight list of what order I need to read things. Usually the date that I put them on has to do with when I am part of a blog tour or have promised to read and review it by.
I'm showing a close up of my April's finished page, since it isn't May yet, I don't have anything on this page yet. But as I read and finish a book, I write it on the list, and then as I post a review, I cross it out. This could also be helpful for end of the month posts.
Anyway on with the normal parts of this post.
Here's what you might have missed on the blog last week
- April Freebie Fair
- Reviews: 3 romance free/cheap ebook mini-reviews - Wrong by Jana Aston, Burned by Elisa Dane, and Necessary Restorations by Kate Canterbary; Game Ender by B.J. Harvey; Rock My World by Lee Piper; and 4 romance mini-reviews by 3 of my favorite authors - Riveted by Jay Crownover, Every Little Thing by Samantha Young, and both Nothing More and Nothing Less by Anna Todd
- Promo posts: Fat Girl Begone by D.E. Haggerty, Letting Love Go by Katharina LeBoeuf, Two Times Slain by Felisha Antonette (Giveaway), How We Fall by Melissa Toppen (Giveaway), and Love Me by Anna Brooks
- Author Spotlight: Amy Gale
- Can't Wait Wednesday: Jane Unlimited by Kristin Cashore
- Cover reveals: Merrily in Love by Melissa West, Tethered by Jenn Marie, and Teenage Psychic on Campus by Pamela Woods-Jackson (Giveaway)
- My new partnership with USB Memory Direct - Check out my new swag!!
So I definitely got in more than the 3 reviews a week that I hope to get this week. Sure a lot of them were mini-reviews, but that's okay! Once again I'm trying not to overbook myself, so hopefully in May I'll get my posts cut down to only two a day, if not only one. Or else a promo post and one personal post like a review, meme, etc. I was caught up for a few days this week, but now, after this one goes live, I'll have no posts ready to go for the rest of the week. Although I intend to work on some of those later today. I'm caught up on my Camp NaNoWriMo as I had Friday off, and Saturday, and today! So lots of time to keep up and get ahead on my writing as well. And I still have a giveaway going on till the end of the month!
Coming up this week on the blog
- Promos: Royal Mistake by Erin Hayes, Hide From Me by Mary Lindsey, Tell Me How This Ends by Victoria De La O, No Relationship Required by Amelia James, YORK: The Shadow Cipher by Laura Ruby, Shopping For a CEO's Wife by Julia Kent, Karma by Cynthia Vespia, and Dangerous Interference by B.J. Wang
- Can't Wait Wednesday
- Reviews: Forks, Knives, and Spoons by Leah DeCesare, The Makeup Test by Vanessa M. Knight, Missing by Kelley Armstrong, and Blacksouls by Nicole Castroman
- Possible Reviews: Driven series #1-3.5 by K. Bromberg (audiobook), Facade by Nyrae Dawn
So, I have 4 reviews I have to do for blog tours or publisher and author requests. Then I'm hoping to get some other past completed books done. I've also got several ARCs I need to get read before next week! Gah! So I've been working on doing lots of reading, a lot of staying up late at night. Oh well. There's only like 23 days left of school, so I can make it through those without a lot of sleep, right? My sister who lives in NYC will be home next weekend for her birthday, so I'll have a KC Royals baseball game to go to Friday night after work, and then Saturday will be her birthday party with family. And I'll have to work next Sunday too. Plus, I've got to finish up my 30,000 word goal for Camp NaNoWriMo. I only work one night this week at the bookstore, so hopefully I'll have lots of time to write.
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.
It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. As usual I have way too many free new e-books to share. Honestly, I may never share those again at the rate I keep downloading them. I also had a pretty slow week for physical books as well, although I do still have some to share.
I won these from one of the authors in the YA Spring Scavenger Hunt. Awesome books! I've already read The Heir and the Spare, but I didn't have a copy of it, so now I do!
I also bought a copy of the book that the students at the school where I am a librarian put out this year.
The first one I've already read and will be reviewing in another week. The last one I will be trying to get read by later this week!
So those are the books I've added to my shelves this week. What have you added to your shelves?