- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions they’ve sent you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten people.
1. What books would you like to become movies?
Hmm, that is hard, because really I would love to see almost every book I love become a movie. But let me narrow it down to a few.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
- Splintered by AG Howard
2. Your favorite dessert?
Well that is not a hard one at all. There is one thing I would have for dessert every single day if it wasn't so fattening and expensive.
I LOVE wedding cake. The white cake with the sweet, rich, decadent butter cream frosting. It's one reason that I don't get depressed going to lots of weddings even though I'm still single. The fact that there will be cake makes me more sad when I don't get invited to weddings. My family even gets me wedding cake for my birthday cakes.
3. Which books do you think deserve more hype?
I know one author that I think needs so much more hype, I love her books so much, and right now it is up in the air when the sequel to her last book, The Dark World, will come out.
Victoria Scott is another author that I feel might be finally getting the hype she deserves with her Fire and Flood series, but I LOVED her series with Dante Walker as well.
One last book that I loved and never saw much about it was The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller. I loved the whole reincarnation theme.
4. Who is your most read author?
Hmm, we'll probably have to go to Goodreads to find out for sure.
Now it looks as if books I read long ago still make up this list. Nancy Drew books, Sweet Valley High books. And of course Stephen King and Dean Koontz were favorite authors as well.
5. What book would you sell your soul for in 2015?
There are quite a few I'm excited about this upcoming year, but here are the top 3:
6. A book series that you are dying to finish?
I don't have a copy, but I need to finish it soon!
7. What is your number one blogging tip?
Hmm, I think what I find most important is to just make sure you are enjoying it. While I do request a lot of books on Netgalley and Edelweiss, I don't necessarily accept unsolicited books for review. And if I do, then I won't get to them unless I am in the mood. I got into blogging because I love reading and talking about books. So to me, I will always choose to read what I want to read, and I've since learned, if I am not getting into a book, I don't have to finish it. There are too many books out there that I want to read anymore to waste time on those that aren't that good.
8. Do you have a specific genre that you love to read?
As you can see from my most read authors, I used to love anything like Stephen King or Dean Koontz. Lately though I'm all about YA. And even more specific, dystopian stories really seem to grab me.
9. Summer, Autumn, Winter, or Spring, and Why?
Well, this one has several answers/reasons. First, fall seems to always be my favorite, the one I look forward to the most. The weather is still warm, but it gets cooler, not so hot that I'm sweating just by walking outside. Plus, as a teacher/school librarian, I've always looked forward to the beginning of the school year. My birthday is also in October.
But, again, as a teacher, spring and summer are great too. Spring because it means the end of the school year is coming. And Summer because it means I will have a lot more time to read!
10. Is commenting on blogs an easy thing for you to do?
At first it wasn't. I wasn't sure what I could say, or I felt kind of dumb, plus I'm pretty shy. But over the last year I've realized that it's not so bad, and I like when people comment on my blog, so they probably feel the same way when I comment on theirs. So I'm getting better at it, and make myself sit down and just have time to go read other blogs and comment on them.
I'm not going to tag anyone, I think if you want to do it, go ahead and join in! You can choose to do the same 10 questions I picked, or here are the other ones that were on the YA Midnight Readers post you could pick from as well:
- If you were to meet your favorite fictional character, what would you say?
- Which new author did you discover in 2014 that you think people should keep an eye on?
- What classic that you've read is your favorite?
- If you could read one book for the rest of your life, which one would you pick?
- Most recent holiday? Any planned?
- Any TV shows in particular that you're addicted to right now?
- Think back to your very first weeks as a book blogger. What were your goals? What were your fears? How do you feel looking back?
- What was the last book you read that was out of your comfort zone but enjoyable?
- RIDDLE TIME: What room has no windows, no ceilings, and no doors?