Monday, September 30, 2013

Stacking the Shelves September 30th, 2013


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  Posting a little later than normal this week, but I've got a few things to share!

Purchased:











So, I bought quite a few this week you can see.  However, 4 of them were purchased at a school book fair, so were a little bit cheaper.  The first one, Stung, I've already read, and you can read my review HERE.  The 2nd one is the 3rd in a series by Roland  Smith, who is one of my favorite authors.  I met him before I thought about taking my pictures with authors, met him twice even!  I haven't read the 2nd in that series, but will have to now!  Human.4 is one that I've wanted to read for awhile.  Not sure, but I may have even purchased the book at a book fair in the past, but got rid of it, so now I have it again, and will just have to read it now.  The Darkest Path is by Jeff Hirsch, who is an another author I've met and am a fan of.  While the cover doesn't really make it look like a book I'd be interested in, because I know I like his writing, and then I read the blurb that made it sound a bit different than the cover, I am very excited to read it.  And finally, the 5th book there, Risked, is by another author that I love, Margaret Peterson Haddix.  And as of last Thursday, I got to finally meet her!  Here is my picture with her:

From Netgalley:








I'm very excited to read Pawn, as I loved The Goddess Test series by the same author, Aimee Carter, who I also met at BEA 2012.  The 2nd book is by another author I'm a big fan of, and met at BEA 2012 as well, Crissa-Jean Chappell.  And the 3rd book is the sequel to a book I read just recently and really ended up enjoying more than I thought I would.  It is by Michael Grant, who also wrote the Gone series. 

Now, the last 5 books I got were ones that were being returned at the bookstore where I work, so they are what we call stripped books.  They have no cover.  We send the covers back, but they will just throw away or recycle the rest of the book.  As employees we are allowed to take them home sometimes.  These are books I've been interested in since I saw the display we had.











So, how about your bookshelves this week?  Are they making room for new books, or staying the same?