Saturday, September 7, 2013

Stacking the Shelves September 7th, 2013


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  I didn't really think I'd have too much to share this week, but then, today happened at the bookstore.  We had an author, a picture book author, but still.  I have an 18 month old niece, so picture books are on my list of things to buy now.  Without further ado, let's get to my new books!

E-galley from Edelweiss:


So excited to get permission for this one!  I'm a huge Andrea Cremer fan, loved the Nightshade series, and I can't wait to see what this new book is about.  I'm wondering if it is steampunk maybe?  Which I've never read before, so we'll see!

Books Purchased for myself:






The 2nd book is one I've already read, but since the author, Maggie Stiefvater, will be in town the day her 2nd book in The Raven Boys series comes out, I have to buy this and get it autographed too!  The first book is a picture book I hadn't intended to buy, but when I looked through it, and then the author was in my bookstore that I work at today, I had to get it.  It's really cute!  Below is the picture of me with the author.


Purchased for other people:






The first one I got autographed by the author in the picture above, and I will be giving it to my adorable niece, who I'll put a picture of her below too.  The 2nd one is for my step-dad's birthday in a couple weeks.  Although I need to find something else, as it was a bargain book at my store.


Isn't she adorable?  And I can just see her daddy, my brother, having fun reading her the book I got her.

So tell me, what are you adding to your shelf this week?

18 comments:

  1. Children Make Terrible Pets sound really cute, just like your niece. Thanks for visiting and I am following back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly looks like Andrea Cremer's new book is of the steampunk variety, isn't it? This is new to me, though. I haven't seen it till now. I hope you'll enjoy it and all your other reads this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd heard of it, but kinda forgot till I saw it online. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love Maggie Stiefvater. I haven't read Scorpio Races yet though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Scorpio Races last summer, and loved it. Couldn't believe I waited so long!

      Delete
  4. The Inventor's Secret looks so good. I have The Dream Thieves on my Kindle. I can't wait to read it. Your niece is absolutely adorable. :) Great haul this week! Happy reading!
    Natflix&Books' StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dream Thieves is an e-galley, but getting the actual ARC was awesome! It was going to be my next read, but I think I'll wait to read it until right before she is in Kansas City so it will be fresh in my mind! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Yes, the Scorpio Races is really good!!! Nice haul! -Emily from Emily Hearts Books

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did really enjoy Scorpio Races. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Aw, she's precious! The Inventor's Secret looks like something I'll have to look into. Happy reading!

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does look interesting, the story sounds really good, and I know I like her writing, so I'm glad to get to give it a try!

      Delete
  7. The Scorpio Races is so good! Happy Reading :)

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did love Scorpio Races! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I confess I didn't know these ones but I hope you'll like them. Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your niece is absolutely adorable!
    I'm quite curious about the Scorpio Races, but right now I think I have too many books pending to read to add more!

    Happy reading!



    My Showcase Sunday: http://pili-inlovewithhandmade.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/showcase-sunday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think she's adorable, but I could be biased. I know what you mean. As I was cleaning bookshelves today, I had to take some books and realize I might not ever get to them, so I will be taking them to good will.

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.