Tuesday, October 1, 2013

2nd Annual September is for Sequels Challenge Wrap Up


Well, let's see.  All in all, my challenge this year didn't go as well as I'd hoped.  I'm a little disappointed, but I won't quit!  I intend to make this a yearly challenge, so I hope maybe I can get some more of you to sign up and join in next year.  Unfortunately this year I had less people participate, only 5 besides myself, whereas last year I had 7 plus myself.  I also thought that because I seemed to have more time to read this year now that I'm in a library instead of teaching and having papers to grade or lessons to plan, I would up the total of books I planned to read.  But I ended up only reading the same number as I did last year.  I did end up reading 8 of the ones on my list, but I know that some I didn't get to because I had a lot of really long sequels on the list, and I wouldn't have gotten even 8 done if I'd read those.  What is it about September that is just so busy?  The books I finished were:
  1. Sky on Fire (Monument 14 #2) by Emmy Laybourne
  2. Monsters (Ashes Trilogy #3) by Ilsa J. Bick
  3. The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass
  4. In the Age of Love and Chocolate (Birthright #3) by Gabrielle Zevin
  5. The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
  6. Storm (Swipe #3) by Evan Angler
  7. Everbound (Everneath #2) by Brodi Ashton
  8. Scorch (Croak #2) by Gina Damico
Thanks to those who did participate in the challenge, 
Susanne @ A Reader in Time

And the winner of the $20 Gift Card giveaway is:................. Tiffany @ Book Cover Justice!!!  I've already contacted her, and she's chosen an Amazon Gift Card.

So not as successful as I'd hoped, but at least I did complete the same number as last year, and didn't quit!!

6 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job on your challenge, 8 is awesome! Next year I am going to come prepared and have the whole month set aside for just sequels. I'm going to start stocking up now. Thank you again for putting together this challenge and also for the most excellent giveaway. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well congratulations on winning, and thanks again for participating! I guess maybe next year I'll set my goal as 8 and just see if I can get any farther. I almost got 9, but didn't finish that one until yesterday.

      Delete
  2. I will be joining in the challenge next year as well! September somehow gets so busy! And I got a few last minute approvals for review copies I had given up hope on, so I had to rearrange my reading schedule a few times!
    Congrats to Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I lost out on a couple of e-galleys because I was reading my sequels and had put those ones off. Oh well, it works how it works, and next year I'll try to do better with that. Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  3. Thanks again for hosting! September is a busy and quick month. Eight is a great, I think. I did manage to finish 4, but only one was on my actual list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September does seem to go by fast, and so busy! I guess I do have two family birthdays during that month. It seems like only a week or so ago was Labor Day weekend, but now it is October! Glad you got 4 done, and it doesn't matter if they were what you planned, as long as they fit the challenge. Thanks again for participating!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.