Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Third Strike (The Slayer Chronicles #3) by Heather Brewer

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting. I feel like there are a lot of books I'm waiting on, but that they don't have covers yet to show, so I'm having some trouble coming up with ideas.  But I saw the cover was showing up for one of the versions of this on Goodreads, so I remembered how much I can't wait to read, and I believe finish, this series! I chose the 3rd book in The Slayer Chronicles by Heather Brewer, so aptly titled Third Strike.  Last time I saw this author, I believe she said this was going to be the last book.  Which makes me sad, because I love this world, and so I hope that it will maybe not be?  But we'll see.  There still isn't much of a blurb about it on Goodreads, as  you can see:

Joss is given a mission to eradicate vampires in his home town of Santa Carla, where he will need to protect his family including cousin Henry, who still carries a grudge.
This series fills in the summers in between the books in the Chronicles of Vladimir Tod.  So really we will know what happens after this book if you've read that series.  And the author now has her Legacy of Tril series for us to look forward to.  Although I still have the first book on my TBR shelf, and need to get around to it soon!  And as always, I'll have to include my pictures from when I met this author, twice now that I've had my picture taken with her.  Mrs. Brewer, or Auntie Heather as her minions call her, is so nice.  Last year she even sent me a copy of the 2nd book in this series to help celebrate my Blogoversary!

So, what book or books are you anxiously awaiting this week?