Sunday, June 2, 2013

Stacking the Shelves - May 2013 Round-up


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.   With the end of the school year, things get really hectic, especially in my school where we have to pack up all our stuff in our classroom every year.  So, I've gotten several books, ebooks, etc., since my last STS post.   I tried to write them down as they came, but I think I may not get all of them.  Here are the ones I remember/wrote down:



Although I was disappointed to get 4 rejections of books from Edelweiss over the past two weeks, two of which I did REALLY want, I was approved for Asylum by Madeleine Roux, the author of a zombie book I enjoyed called Allison Hewitt is Trapped.  This is her first teen novel, and it is compared to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  So excited to get this one!


I won an e-book of The First Days by Rhiannon Frater, from At Random Blog from the Spring Carnival Blog Hop.  This is one I've been interested in awhile, even blogged about it in one of my "Hazards of Working at a Bookstore posts.







I had 2 successful trades through the YA Book Exchange.  I got an ARC of Light by Michael Grant from Lori, and Exposure by Kim Askew and Amy Helmes from Megan @ The Book Babe.







And finally, the Scholastic Book Warehouse had their big sale, similar to the one I bought about $200 worth of books at last December.  But since I am not teaching English next school year, and just bought a bunch at the RT Convention at the beginning of May, I limited myself to the 2 books you see above.  Finally I can read the very popular Cinder by Marissa Meyer, as well as The Always War by Margaret Peterson Haddix, one of my favorite authors.

What about you?  What books did you add to your shelves this week?