Sunday, June 9, 2013

Stacking the Shelves - June 9, 2013

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.   I'm going to try really hard to keep up with this every week this summer.  Which also means I have to make sure I keep track of the egalleys and such as I get them!  This week I've got 6 books to talk about.
E-Galley from Edelweiss:


I loved the first book in this series, and had actually thought it was only going to be a trilogy.  I guess if I was caught up on the series I would have known that!  Now that I've got until August 2nd before this expires, I'll have to check out #2 and 3 in the series so I can read it!

Book from YA Book Exchange:

I read the first book in this series, Abandon, a long time ago!  And then of course I didn't get the 2nd one for awhile.  I traded with someone on the YA Book Exchange for it, not realizing they were an international trader until I'd already decided to do the deal.  It took 2 months for me to get this book, just finally got it this week.  So, I probably won't do anymore international trading on that website, but I am glad I got this, because of one of the e-galleys I got from Netgalley below is the book after this one in the series!

E-Galleys from Netgalley:




As you can see I now have the 3rd book in the Abandon series by Meg Cabot as an e-galley, and it expires on July 31st, so I have to get going!  I also got the sequel to a favorite book, Transcendence, that I was able to finally get a copy and meet the author at RT Convention in May, it's called Intuition, and I'm actually reading it as I am posting this post.  

E-galley from an author for review:

I really enjoyed being a part of the Stitch tour last fall, and loved the book.  So of course I signed on to be a part of the tour for its sequel, Shudder.  Partly because I get a free copy of the book to read again!  But don't forget you can get a free copy of the first book in the series using the links in my last post HERE.

Books I purchased:  

I also purchased a book titled:  Hounded:  The Lowdown on Life from Three Dachshunds by Matt Ziselman.  And I'd love to share the cover with you, because it is so cute!  But no matter where I download the cover from, Blogger is saying it is not a picture or video.  So I've linked the title for you.  It is one that I think Mary from Bookhounds would probably enjoy as well!  My "books I've purchased section needs to be zero as much as possible because I am broke!  But I couldn't resist because I'd ordered this into my bookstore specially, and it arrived just in time for our employee appreciation days when we got 40% off books!

So, what books did you add to your shelves this past week?