It's back! My sequel challenge that I do every year because I seem to start series, and then new books and new series seem to get in the way of me reading on in those original series. Am I the only one who does that? When I love a book, I get to where I MUST buy the sequel as soon as it comes out. And then so many times, it sits on my shelf, waiting for me to fit it in. About 5 years ago now, I got the idea to start my own challenge. I kind of got it from another blogger, who I can't seem to find her blog anymore, so I can't really give her credit. But I've kept up with it every year since then. Now, some years I've done better than others. Last year I got the most participants, 15 people! Hoping to get that many again this year. Anyone doing the Series Enders Challenge hosted by Words Fueled by Love and Somewhere Only We Know, you could join into this as well! It can also fit in with the TBR Pile Challenge hosted by Bookish Lifestyle. So really, it doesn't have to be anything extra to do. You can still join in and keep doing as you've planned, but now you also have a chance to win a sequel of your choice! In the past I've also done a Giveaway Hop with it, but we'll see if I do that this year. Need to find a co-host for it!
To read and review a minimum of 4 sequels between the dates of September 1st and 30th, 2016. My goal is to read 8 books, that's only 2 a week, which is the same goal for last year. I'm hoping to get through more this year since I've been requesting less egalleys than before. But who knows, the last few months have been so crazy! Part of the issue is that there are books I've read that I still need to review, so being behind on reviews may mess up my plan to review the "new" sequels I read this month. My reviews may be a little weird this year for this month. Anyway, here is my plan, even though it may change as the month goes by:
- Redeeming Trust by Michelle Sodaro
- Torn (A Wicked Saga #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Endless Night (The Arcana Chronicles #2) by Kresley Cole
- The Giant (Quarantine #4) by Lex Thomas
- Elixir (Covenant #3.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy #2) by Rae Carson
- Swan Riders (Prisoners of Peace #2) by Erin Bow
- Ice-Out (sequel to Frozen) by Mary Casanova
- It would be good if you had a blog to post reviews, or you can be a Goodreads Member and post your reviews on the site. I'll open it up to people who want to post reviews on Amazon or Barnes and Noble as well, or just let me know what site you'll be reviewing on!
- The book must be a sequel - it can be any # in the series, just not the first book. Prequels can count if they were published AFTER the first one in the series. You can do e-books, even ARCs or e-galleys, as well as good old fashioned books. And, I'll even let you count the little 1.5 novellas that are often published as e-books only.
- The deadline to sign up and participate is September 15th.
- You must post on your blog an entry that has a list of the sequels you're planning to read, but it doesn't have to be complete, or you could even just post your goal, do you plan to read 4, or more? You can always go back as the month proceeds and enter the books as you read and review them. If you don't have a blog, then you can just post a comment on this post listing your goals.
- Make sure you grab the button and put it in your entry post, or on the sidebar of your blog.
a Rafflecopter giveaway