I don't know if I necessarily kept everyone updated with my progress on this weekly, but I think that I did my goal. My partner last month was Anne at My Head is Full of Books. It was fun keeping up with a fellow high school librarian! This month I intend to do better with keeping track of how much I comment, I think I did right about 11 comments, and my goal was the 11-20 level. This month I'll be partnering with Peyton, at A Bookish Mess. I'm excited to get to know her better as well!
Well, I had mentioned last month that I had two ideas for discussion posts in June, but I ended just kind of doing one as a Top 10 this past week. So really I'm still keeping up with my plan of one per month. You can check out my June discussion post and chime in with your thoughts here: Copy, Paste, Repeat - Or How Many Places Do You Post Your Reviews? You can check out my sign up post for this by clicking on the button above.
Well, not sure how great I'm doing with the one that is my own challenge. Of course part of the issue right now is how far behind I am on my reviews, so I have to decide whether to list all the books I've read this month that would qualify, or just any that I've reviewed. If you want to know more about the challenge, and even join in, click on the button above to go to the sign-up post. I'm also debating if I should count the free e-books I've been downloading. I'm going to list my books I reviewed this month in order to get this done quickly. I'm counting some of the ones below because they are also new authors, which is one way I kind of changed this challenge.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover
- At Any Price by Brenna Aubrey
- Sing Your Heart Out by Crystal Kaswell, (same post) Monday (Timeless #1) by E.L. Todd, Wilder by Vivian Lux
- Timely Death Series by Shannon A. Thompson
- Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I've linked my sign-up post to the button above if you want to see what I decided to do for this. This month I got two more from my pile. Both are linked above in the Series Starter Challenge. And both were on my original sign up post!
So, I didn't do that great, once again. Two of them were DNFs, so I can't link you to a review in the note below. I have linked the button above to my sign-up post though. My ratio is still at 70%. However I am reading a couple right now that I will soon review and hopefully that will raise the ratio a little?
- Black River Falls by Jeff Hirsch
- Gifted by H.A. Swain
I just joined this challenge this past month. You can check out my sign-up post by clicking on the button above. I have read 5 of the books on my list this month, although only 3 have been reviewed this month, so I will just link those for now below. Also, 3 on my original list are DNFs, including the 2 above. And a couple more on the list are ones that I am currently reading.
- Elementals 3: The Head of Medusa by Michelle Madow
- Empire of Dust (Blood of Gods and Royals #2) by Eleanor Herman
- Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street #3) by Suzanne Young (with my new book boyfriend, Nate Sawyer!)
I'll go through my goals one by one below, and you can click on the button above if you want to check the original goals out.
- I'm continuing with not downloading from Edelweiss, and even Netgalley really. Same as I mentioned last month, I'll write the egalleys down on my calendar, but not actually go download them until I am ready to read them.
- I pretty much posted about every day, if not more than once on some days! June has been pretty crazy, and so I'm still behind on reviews.
- Again I haven't been as good at commenting as I wish I was, but I'm still doing what I want to for the basics, and the comment challenge has helped!
- Once again with this I'm on top of my end of the month posts, although I did wait a little late to get this done.
- Still been getting at least 2 reviews a week done. And to save time and posts, I'm continuing to combine several free e-book mini-reviews at a time as one post.
- Personal goals include still no money saved. My next walking goal was to get to 3 times a week for June and July, and other than last week when I went out of town over the weekend, I was on top of it. But I'm working to get back on top of it this week. I haven't really done a reward for last month's goal reached, but I kind of decided spending money on books for NOLA Story Con would be a good enough reward. I also got some writing done on my little weekend vacation to Colorado. So I've decided that I want to get more writing done. I'm going to try to get more of that done this summer. I haven't set a specific writing goal. Maybe I should think about that. A number of words to get written in July?
Once again I've linked the button above to my original sign-up post. I'd say I haven't done as great this month once again. It's like I did begin a series and then also finish it, so I guess that can count. And then I think this is the last book in the Lux series, so that should count.
- # of books read: 30
- # of full reviews posted on blog: 11
- # of mini-reviews posted on blog: 14