Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday Post #53 and Stacking the Shelves April 10th, 2016

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.  I had another week that I didn't do this, because I did the March wrap up post and didn't feel like I had time last Sunday for this. Plus I worked both Saturday and Sunday of last weekend, so that messed up my time as well. So my post today will cover the last two weeks.

Last two weeks on the blog:
 I got my two reviews a week done.  I had a lot of promo posts these past two weeks.  Meant to cut down on them, but seems like I can't seem to get away!  But a few of them are ones that are books I am really excited about, so that's okay.  My exercising was okay, although I only got one time done last week, my Saturday plans got a little messed up.  My April calendar looks insanely busy!  I've got to give myself a break I think.  I'm still a bit behind, or ahead on reviews?  I've got several books done that I  need to review, but need to sit down and do them!  I'm hoping since I don't work until Friday this week that I can get them done.  I was going to do an April Instagram Challenge, but know that I am not always good about some of the days.  So instead, I'm joining in as I see a day that is a theme I can do.

This week on the blog:
  • Reviews:  Losing It by Cora Carmack (audiobook), Broken Trust by Michelle Sodaro, On Dublin Street by Samantha Young (audiobook), and Darla's Story by Mike Mullin (audiobook)
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Cover Characteristic:  Bathrooms
  • Promo Post:  Romancing the Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
I did go to the gym today, hoping to count it as last week.  If I can, I'm going to to try to go both Tuesday and Thursday this week to get twice in this week.  We'll see just how busy I get though.  I'm having to tell myself not to listen to my audiobooks all the time, and make sure I read more of my actual physical books.  I've also got an ARC that I started, and while I can see that it might be good, I am not sure if it is going to annoy me the whole time with how it is written.  I get why it is written that way, but it may be too much for me.  Still waiting for whoever has the audiobook of After Ever Happy to check it back into the digital library so that I can listen to it and get back into my story that I love so much.  I have been really good about not downloading egalleys unless I know I can read them. There is one that I downloaded so happy to read, but then the format of the galley was too hard to read, so I'll have to wait.  :-(





Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  This stack you see below is from the last two weeks.  
  • The top 3 books I got through trades or winning from blogs:  Red Rising, Unmade, and And I Darken.  
  • The fourth one which is really hard to see is Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine, and I checked it out from my school library because I was approved for the sequel as an egalley so I need to read the first one!  I'm so excited for this after all I've heard.
  • The bottom four books are ones I bought.  Pleasure Exchange was on the clearance table at my bookstore, so I thought it might be a good one to try for 50% off.  The one above it, The Bookstore, was on the bargain table, so with my discount it was a good deal.  Lux:  Opposition I had to order in and buy so I could continue the series after how Origin left off.  And His Kind of Trouble is one that we had the author in our store to autograph recently, and the synopsis just sounds good. 
E-books:




The first one was free. The second one was a good deal, $1.99, so I bought it because I've wanted to read it for a while.
E-galleys:




I mentioned the first one and that is why I checked the other book out.  The second one is by an author that I was pleasantly surprised by another book she wrote before. 

So those are the items I added to my shelves this past week. What is new in your collection?

38 comments:

  1. Awesome haul of books. You got some great books this week. I also got the two book that you got from NetGalley as well. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netgalley had some good ones this week! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Queen of the Tearling caught my eye since I've been wanting to read those. I'll have to see if it's still cheap, maybe pick it up. Those look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely buy ebooks, mostly just do free or e-galleys, but this is one I've been interested in for awhile, so for that price decided to bite the bullet! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I had not seen that cover of Red Rising! I want to start this series but want to have the physical copies, not ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a special edition I guess, maybe a galley? I won it and was very excited. Like you I wanted to read the physical copy, even though I had an ebook. Or I'd like to try to listen to it, but my library doesn't have it as an audiobook. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Great book haul! And I see that you are currently listening to Rule. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the audio version. I enjoyed the book so I am curious if the audio version is any good!
    And I loved Losing It by Cora Carmack. It was the first book of hers I read and now I read everything she writes! I love her!
    Samantha @The Book Disciple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The audio version of Rule is pretty good. I won't keep listening to an audiobook if I don't like the narrators or it is hard to listen to. And while the guy who is doing Rule's part at first sounded like an older guy to me, I'm now seeing the guy on the cover as the voice. I'm working on Carmack's books now, although there are some that the plotlines don't sound up my alley, so we'll see. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Wow, lots of great books! And I see that your waiting on wednesday was book #3 in The 5th Wave series, which is on my TBR list!

    Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, can't wait to see how they finish up the 5th Wave series! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Awesome haul! I hope you love all of these! Especially Red Rising :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait till I can fit it into my reading schedule! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. I really need to read Ink and Bone! That's awesome you got approved for the sequel. I'm fairly new to Instagram so I'm doing the SwoonyFictionApril challenge. I started late so I've only done two days so far. It's fun, but yeah, it's easy to see how some days would be difficult to do. This is me: www.instagram.com/laurenashleybecker

    -lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read it too, that's why I had to go ahead and use the sequel e-galley as my prompt to get it done! :-) I also get bad about remembering to do the Instagram challenges, so I'm only being a part time participant. I'll go check out your Instagram! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. It sounds like life has been very busy for you. Hope you get to relax and read your haul.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    New follower via Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is always busy for me this time of the year. I'm ready for the end of May and the beginning of my summer break! Thanks for returning the stop and following!

      Delete
  9. Last week was hard for me with exercising too. I'm hoping to get back on track this week.

    I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Losing It. I )mostly) enjoyed it and Romancing the Nerd. I want to read that one soon.


    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Romancing the Nerd post is only a promo unfortunately. I don't have the book to read at the moment, although I hope to read it at some time. Like you I mostly enjoyed Losing It, even with the issues I had. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. It looks like you got a lot of awesome new books to read! Good luck with your reviews! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very happy with my haul this week. Glad you could stop by!

      Delete
  11. Secrets in the Snow looks interesting! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's by an author I've read before, so that makes it even better! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  12. oh Lisa that pile of books is making me drool. Starting with Red Rising! SO GOOD! I hope you love it as much as I did. I got the And I Darken Arc. So we can chat about that one too :) and you lucky girl! you got Paper and Fire! I can't wait for the last Start either. The first two books were 5-star reviews for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait till I can get to Red Rising. Will be interesting to see what everyone thinks of And I Darken. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. I finally got around to reading Red Rising and it is really good. I had a week where I was really motivated early on, but by the end I fizzled. Hope we both get more done this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've got all this time this week, but I'm having trouble being motivated right now. Here's to both of us getting more done!

      Delete
  14. I just got Paper and Fire today..so excited. Love, love, love Red Rising. Glad you have posts scheduled ahead. I will do promos for books I am highly anticipating too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read Ink and Bone, so that I can move on to Paper and Fire. I've got to work harder on getting caught up on reviews!

      Delete
  15. Everyone seems to be having a really busy month - me included. I don't know what's going on with April but it's just manic for all! Great looking book haul though. Unmade sounds good, I'll have to look up the first 2 in the series :)

    http://natalieslife.com/2016/04/the-library-project-favourite-childhood-book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series that Unmade is in is one of my favorites, you should give it a try. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. This is an awesome stack! You have some good reading a head of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to get to it all! Glad you could visit!

      Delete
  17. Red Rising and The Queen of Tearling are both books I want to read, so I hope I can get to those! Also, you've been going full speed lately, and it seems like you have a lot planned for the coming weeks as well! You're right, just make sure you get some rest in there occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! I am looking forward to May when I don't have as much planned.

      Delete
  18. Unmade sounds good, hope you enjoy and have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great story! YOu should give it a try. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  19. Nice haul of books. I haven't posted a book haul for a while. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been trying to cut back, but haven't been doing that great! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.