Sunday, March 1, 2015

Stacking the Shelves - March 1st, 2015

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  It's a rather large haul this week.  Most free, but a few purchased.  I want to show you just why I probably don't need to be buying anymore books, which a picture of my bookcase that is just for books I haven't read yet.

That brown bookcase is full of books I haven't read yet.  Every single shelf.  And they are packed into the shelves.  And that's not all.  On my entertainment center in the living room are my ARCs that I'm trying to get read before they are published.  So, you can see why I need to stop getting new books.  But, once again, I failed miserable at that this week.  

Physical ARCs:



The first I got as part of a blog tour I'm going to be participating in.  The 2nd was at the bookstore where I work part time and I got my hands on it last night! So excited to read both of them!

Books won:





I won an autographed copy of the first one from Jessi at Novel Heartbeat.  I've already read it, but loved it, and so glad to have a copy of it!   The other two are books I've heard great things about and I won them from Mary at Bookhounds/BookhoundsYA

Physical books purchased:





The first one is a really cool book that I think I saw featured in Entertainment Weekly magazine awhile back, and I thought as a librarian it would be a good book to have.  Bone Season is one that I've heard a lot about, and I was so excited when I saw it in the bargain section of the bookstore where I work. The hardcover of the book for only $5.98, plus my employee 30% discount, well, I couldn't pass it up.  Same for the last book.  I am a huge Twilight fan, and this was on the bargain table for $9.98, and it was originally $39.99.  I couldn't pass up getting it to add to my collection of all things Twilight, again especially when I factored my 30% off that low price.

E-galleys:
-->




The first one is from Netgalley, and the other two are from Edelweiss.  I think I might have figured out a way to save myself on the Netgalley stats.  Not to download them till closer to when I'm going to actually read them. But I will still put them in my little book where I keep track of what egalleys I want to read when.  Maybe that will help?

Free ebooks:
-->



The first one just sounds like a cute, fun read. The 2nd one I downloaded for free as part of an entry into a giveaway on the author's blog.

So, that is what I added to both real and virtual shelves this week. What books joined your collection this week?

And while you're here, you should stop by and enter my giveaway for Bones and All  HERE.

34 comments:

  1. Love your collection! I really, really enjoyed The Glass Arrow - and I also have Becoming Jinn and Ember. I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Lisa!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also loved The Glass Arrow. I debated on donating it to my high school library, but it was just so good, I want it for myself. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. The bone season is one of my favorite books in that genre. Steelheart sound like an interesting book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so much about The Bone Season that when I saw a hardcover for $5.98 I couldn't pass it up! I'm intrigued with Steelheart as well! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of those books, but I hope you enjoy them all! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to them. Glad you returned the visit!

      Delete
  4. Oh that's nice! Many books for you! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lot of books – I approve! Ooh, The Bone Season is so good! I haven't read the sequel yet but I have heard great things. I absolutely can't wait to read Glass Arrow too. Have a great week and enjoy all your beautiful books!

    My Weekly Review
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hear so many good things about The Bone Season, and you just added one more good thing! The Glass Arrow was really good. Hope you can get it soon! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I'm so psyched for An Ember in the Ashes! I hope you love it.

    C.J.
    Sarcasm & Lemons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to see it just sitting on the manager's desk at the bookstore where I work. First I put a little post it note asking if I could please have it. Then I just couldn't wait any longer, so I just asked the assistant manager in person if I could have it the next time I saw her. Now mind you, I only waited like a half hour. :-)

      Delete
  7. I love your Unread Books bookcase because I have one (or two) of those too! Doesn't stop me from buying more books though, so don't feel bad. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I actually have a bag sitting right next to it with unread books, as well as there are a few stacks on my entertainment center in the living room, and I think a stack in my bedroom! Glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. I want An Ember In The Ashes!!! The cover is amazing. And I'm a Twi-Hard...or was in my time lol but it has a soft spot in my heart. To buy that for a cheap prize...um hello? Yuu don't think twice lol Enjoy the books and thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it when I saw it! So excited! Twilight will always be important to me, I do have a tattoo of the first cover! Thanks for returning the visit!

      Delete
  9. That's a great haul!! I got the Bone Season recently myself, and I'm looking forward to picking it up soon. And I need to pick up more books by Brandon Sanderson asap; he's such a great writer, and I love his books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, love those great deals, and love getting back to authors I've enjoyed in the past. Although when I'll get to these is actually another matter. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Awesome haul! The Bone season is such a good book and I can't wait for An Ember in the Ashes! Becoming Jinn sounds really awesome because of the genies.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the genies sounds like such a cool new story idea! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Seeing your physical TBR bookcase makes me feel less guilty about my TBR shelf and I'm also a tad jealous. I purchased the Glass Arrow, can't wait to compare reviews!

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Glass ARrow was great! I read it about a month or so ago and love it! Will have to check out your review when you get it done! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  12. Becoming Jinn! I've been really excited about that book but haven't have the chance to buy it yet. Omg, seeing your shelf makes me jealous HAHA my mom doesn't allow me to have any bookshelf at all, so I usually have to sell those books that I've read a year later :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it is out yet, but soon! I'd be crazy without a bookshelf! I know I had to get rid of a lot of my books when I was younger, that makes me sad today to think of all those gone. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Great haul! I'd love a physical copy of An Ember in the Ashes. Oh, my goodness...I just finished The Glass Arrow and it was AMAZING! I blew through it and my heart is racing. I keep crying over it, too. It was a great experience, especially since the Book I read before it disappointed me. I really need to read The Bone Season. It's been floating around in my tbr pile for way too long. Have a great week!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I couldn't believe it was just sitting there when I got to work. I also loved The Glass Arrow! Glad that you did as well. I've got The Bone SEason now. Will just see how long I can get to it though. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  14. If I photographed my room it would scare people! I have 3 bookshelves with 6 shelves in each, one with 5 shelves, one full of the big huge encyclopedias with 2 shelves, and one with 3 shelves. Plus a bed, set of drawers and TV unit! I can hardly MOVE in that Book Cave...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is just my TBR shelf. I have 6 other shelves about the same size full of books. Plus some stacked on my entertainment center in the living room, plus some on a bookshelf in my bedroom. So you and I are two peas in a pod it seems! I love them all! Even ones I know I may never read again, I hate to get rid of them! :-)

      Delete
  15. I tried to read Bone Season but I had a hard time getting into it. I hear it's really good though. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have a copy that was pretty cheap so that I'll get to it when I can, and if I can't get into it, I can donate it to the library where I work. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. Steelheart is on my "short stack" to read. I love the cover of Becomming Jinn. Can't wait. Hope you enjoy them all. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one that sounds so good! I was excited to win it. I love the idea of Becoming Jinn as well! I have an ebook of it too that I got for the blog tour, but when they said they'd send out actual physical ARCs I couldn't say no! I love a real book over an ebook any day! Thanks for returning the stop!

      Delete
  17. The Glass Arrow, Becoming Jinn and An Ember In The Ashes are all on my to-read list! I hope you enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd already read The Glass Arrow as an e-galley, so was very excited to get a copy of it. The other two are also high on my TBR list, can't wait to get to them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.