Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Cover Characteristic/Top Ten Tuesday: Just Words

The Cover Characteristic meme is hosted at  Sugar and Snark.  Since I wasn't sure about the Top 10 Tuesday theme this week, I chose to do it this way instead.  Here are the guidelines for how it works if you want to join in:
Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite covers with that characteristic. If you want to join in and share your 5 favorite covers with the weeks particular characteristic, then just make a post, grab the meme picture (or make your own) and leave your URL in Linky (so we can visit).
You don’t even need to participate, just stopping by and saying hi would be great! Don’t forget to stop by the other participants!


I try to pick books I've already read, and all but one will be ones that I've read for this week. And I'll be doing 10 instead of 5.












 And the number one book I'm picking, I haven't actually read all the way through, but I think it is the best one for this theme:




An ulterior motive I had for picking this book is that I can share the picture of me getting to meet the author last summer at BEA. I was one of the first in line, so I think he still was friendly and not bored or anything.
 

12 comments:

  1. I love that you got to meet the author too! Are you going to BEA15? I am planning on going this year. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the dates for BEA this year don't work for me, not to mention I can't really afford it. :-( So sad! I've already heard of one guest that I really want to meet too! I'm hoping to go in 2016 when it will be in Chicago in mid-May. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love BJ Novak!! I've been wanting to read his books so I'm excited to see this one on your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be honest, it is a "picture" book for kids, but so glad to have it!

      Delete
  3. Hi,

    I didn't see an email that I could use to contact Lisa. You won on my site and I need you to email me to get full details.

    email me at: yara @ onceuponatwilight.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sent you an email! Can't wait to get a prize! Thanks for contacting me.

      Delete
  4. I like 'Til the World Ends and H2O. Both are sinister and creepy; right up my alley, lol. Nice picks.

    My Picks

    Cheers, Page @ Never Enough Shelf Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they were pretty good ones as well! I'll be sure to go check out your covers as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I like the cover for 'Til the World Ends! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a cool one and had to include it. Thanks for returning the stop!

      Delete
  6. The Way We Fall has such a great cover! Love your picks! Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the covers I picked. Thanks for hosting this every week!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.