Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2014 Prequel and Sequel Challenge


So, I think I'm going to try this Challenge this year, as a lot of the books on my TBR pile, or maybe just my TBR list are sequels to series that I started because the first book was an e-galley, but then I just never got the 2nd book as an e-galley, or bought it, or whatever.  This challenge is co-hosted by Novel Heartbeat (formerly Auntie Spinelli Reads) and Writer Grrl Reads.  

The goal: To read as many prequels and sequels as you can. You set your goal at whatever number works for you.

So, let's see, here are my hopes for this challenge:

  1. Rogue (Croak #3) by Gina Damico
  2. Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver
  3. Prodigy (Legend #2) and Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu
  4. Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris:  Deadlocked, Dead Ever After, and After Dead
  5. Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2) and A Beautiful Wedding (Beautiful #2.5) by Jamie McGuire
  6. Shatter Me series by Tehereh Mafi:  Unravel Me, Fracture Me, and Ignite Me
  7. Boundless (Unearthly #3) by Cynthia Hand
  8. Sever (The Chemical Garden #3) by Lauren DeStefano
  9. As They Slip Away (Across the Universe #0.5) and Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3)  by Beth Revis
  10. I'm hoping to finish The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.  I've got #5 on the shelf, #6 is supposed to come out this year.
  11. Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor:  Days of Blood and Starlight, Night of Cake and Puppets,  and Dreams of Gods and Monsters
  12. The whole Revenants series by Amy Plum
  13. Light (Gone #6)  by Michael Grant
  14. The Selection series by Kiera Cass:  The Guard (2.5) and The One (#3)
  15. The Forever Song (Blood of Eden #3) by Julie Kagawa
Those are my hopes for this, and maybe there will be even more!  Mike Mullin is supposed to finish his Ashfall series this year I think.  So I may add on to this.  I just hope I can keep up and make sure to mention in the reviews when they match up to this challenge.

6 comments:

  1. You have some great books on your list! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm busy working to see how well I did on the TBR Challenge I participated in last year. Will post that later this week.

      Delete
  2. There are some great books there! It kinda seems similar to the Series Challenge I'm going to be doing! Best of luck on your challenge, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I saw a few different series challenges, decided to go with this one I think. Good luck to you as well!

      Delete
  3. You know... I should do this challenge. I always read the first book in a series, I love it, I promise myself I will read the next ones as soon as possible, then I get distracted by other books and I forget about the series. :(

    Oana @All Fantasy Worlds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound exactly like me! That's why I chose to do this, as well as why I do my September is for Sequels Challenge that I host.

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.