Sunday, December 29, 2013

Last Stacking the Shelves of 2013!!


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  This turned out to be a pretty good week, and I actually only got 1 book as a Christmas gift.  I didn't used to do this meme because I didn't feel like I got many books to share, this year it seems like I keep getting more and more.  Maybe that is how come my TBR pile keeps getting so big.  Anyway, so here we go, my last STS post of the year.

Checked out from the library:

Since I won the ARC of the sequel from Epic Reads, I had to of course check the first in the series out so that I could get going.

ARC received in the mail:

I think I requested this from a contest in the Shelf Awareness newsletter.  I looked through it, and unfortunately as I'm not really much of a cook, and many of the recipes included types of ingredients that I don't eat, I passed this on to a fellow employee at the bookstore where I work who does enjoy cooking.  The interesting thing about that?  She is actually a former student of mine at the middle school where I used to teach.

Christmas present:

I got this from my sister's boyfriend.  I've seen it at the bookstore where I work, but haven't ever had a chance to read it.  It will be on my TBR list for 2014!

E-galleys from Edelweiss:








You may recognize the first book above as one that I had for my Waiting on Wednesday post a week or so ago.  The second book is another I requested that I thought sounded pretty good!  The third book is the sequel to one I read earlier this year called Proxy.  

E-books purchased:

It was a great deal, and now I can finally finish the series!!


And a non-book, but still for reading, a magazine that I got this week:

As I said before, this has been one of the best years it seems.  Although mostly with e-galleys, not as many ARCs as years past.  But hey, getting to read a book is good in whatever form, right?  I guess I just need to make some contacts at some publishers maybe to get some actual ARCs.  I'd also like to get invited to some of the parties that I only heard about at BEA 2 years ago.  Will have to figure those things out as well!