Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Fiendish by Brenna Yovanoff


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.  This week I've chosen a book by an author that I feel is a really unique author.  Her stories are different from other stories.  In a way that while they may cover the same kind of topics, fairies, ghosts, the underworld, there is just a unique twist or the characters are fleshed out uniquely.  I first read her book the first time I got to meet Maggie Stiefvater.  This author, Brenna Yovanoff, is a good friend of Stiefvater, and since she was there at the event, I had to buy her book and get it autographed.  Here is the information on this book from Goodreads.com:

Clementine DeVore spent ten years trapped in a cellar, pinned down by willow roots, silenced and forgotten.

Now she’s out and determined to uncover who put her in that cellar and why.

When Clementine was a child, dangerous and inexplicable things started happening in New South Bend. The townsfolk blamed the fiendish people out in the Willows and burned their homes to the ground. But magic kept Clementine alive, walled up in the cellar for ten years, until a boy named Fisher sets her free. Back in the world, Clementine sets out to discover what happened all those years ago. But the truth gets muddled in her dangerous attraction to Fisher, the politics of New South Bend, and the Hollow, a fickle and terrifying place that seems increasingly temperamental ever since Clementine reemerged.

 Sounds kinda spooky, and definitely different!  Have you read any of Yovanoff's books?  You  might give them a try.  This comes out in August, so I'm kind of hoping I'll get an ARC at BEA this coming summer.
Hey, thanks for stopping by, and while you're here, I have two giveaways you really should enter:
 

22 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really interested book. It does look super spooky. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books usually are! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's what I thought! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. This looks scary and/or creepy but yet it sounds so interesting.
    My WoW

    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely sounds like a good Halloween read! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This one sounds really interesting, it's going on my to-read list!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Glad it piqued your interest! Thanks for stopping by here as well.

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of this before, I know Brenna wrote The Replacement, which has one of the creepiest covers of all time. This cover could rival it however. Added to my summer release TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Replacement was a creepy cover. She's had a couple other good books, although one, Paper Valentine, I wasn't a huge fan of the cover, although it did make sense. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. First time I hear for this author,but the synopsis sounds interesting,definitely I will put on my TBR :)
    Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try her out! Thanks for stopping by! I'm going to check out your WOW now.

      Delete
  7. Fiendish has such a great cover. It's a very striking one. I've seen this book somewhere before. Nice WOW pick.

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't even aware of a new book by her, but I decided to get on Goodreads and look, and I found it! Thanks for stopping by, and I'll check out your WOW as well.

      Delete
  8. I have been wanting to try one of this author's books, and this one sounds terrific! I love the cover, too. Nice choice!

    Lisa
    WW&WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are very good, but unique. She's got a great way of describing things. Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be sure to check out your WOW also.

      Delete
  9. Agreed! I have this one in my TBR list too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving that cover! This sounds awesome so I'm definitely adding it to my TBR list right now. I'm so jealous you're going to BEA. It starts right in the middle of my first trimester of physical therapy school so I can't make it. Maybe one day! I hope they have it there and you snag a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cool thing is I found it on either Netgalley or Edelweiss and requested it, hoping I get it! If not, I'll just hope for it to be at BEA. Thanks for stopping by! Maybe when you're done with school you can plan to go to BEA as a reward!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.