Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday Post #67 and Stacking the Shelves August 21st, 2016

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.  Another busy week.  Haven't been able to fit in a Cover Characteristic post in a while it seems like.  Anyway, here is a list of last week's posts:

Last week on the blog:
Lots of reviews this week it seems!  But I'm still behind.  Still have a stack sitting right on the table by my laptop where I'm typing this very post that are waiting for a review.  Kids started back to school this week.  Which of course made for a lot of stuff going on during the day. Then I had several things going on during the weeknights:  work, getting to visit with a friend back in the states from England.  Saturday night my cousin got married, so that was busy as well.  I only got to walk twice this week.  But I'm still counting it a success that I got that done the first real week of school!  I finally got my new Fitbit in the mail on Thursday.  I got the Alta this time.  So now I'm getting used to the whole buzz notification whenever I get a text or phone call, as well as when it wants me to get some steps in because it wants me to get 250 steps an hour in.  So far I like it, especially that it has a clock in it.  I haven't worn anything like a watch in a long time!  I didn't make it to the MidAmeriCon to get to meet the author I wanted.  The money just wasn't worth it for now.  

Coming up this week on the blog:
  • Promo Posts:  There Once Were Stars by Melanie McFarlane (author interview and giveaway), and The Broken Series box set by Maegan Abel Release Day Celebration (giveaway)
  • Reviews:  Built (Saints of  Denver #1) by Jay Crownover (audiobook), Castle Hill (On Dublin Street #3.5) and Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street #5) by Samantha Young, and Calendar Girl Vol. 2 by Audrey Carlan
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Discussion Post:  Beloved book series that maybe you didn't love?
  • Maybe Cover Characteristic:  Pyramids
So, meeting my two reviews a week again.  I've got my discussion post planned for the month I think.  I've put "appointments" into my calendar for walking this week to try to make sure I get three times in.  It was so nice when I went and walked yesterday that I was able to go walk at the park. And honestly, the three miles went by so much faster walking outside around the park than it does on the treadmill.  So I'm really looking forward to fall weather and being able to walk outside for a couple months.  I also started thinking about my possible Halloween costume, even though I don't know if I'll go to the same party as last year or what.  I'm thinking I should try to do a pin-up girl type of costume.  I think I could pull it off since I still need to lose some weight, but I have the curvy part down with my small waist and hourglass, albeit a large hourglass, figure.  At some point I have to start doing some writing though.  I did share my YA novel that I have up on Swoon Reads with one of the English teachers at my school.  Hoping to get some good feedback for it.  I also thought about if I finish and decide to maybe try to publish an ebook of a new story I'm thinking of, one that may be a bit more "erotic/sexy" than my YA, maybe I'll go by a pen name.  

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  Again, lots and lots of free ebooks.  Did a little better with buying physical books, but not as good as I could have of course.  

Physical books:




These two are books that I've already read, well, I'm currently listening to Deep. But the other was the last audiobook I listened to.  I bought both of these at the bookstore where I work.

The first one I ended up ordering from the Book Depository so I could get this cover to match the cover of the copy I have of the first one. The second book I got for like $1 at The Dollar Tree.



Here are a couple of cool writing prompt/exercise books I found at the bookstore where I work on our bargain tables!  Can't wait to start trying them out!


Now, these aren't actually books, but they are some cool things I got at the Barnes and Noble where I work the past week.  More of the cool post-it notes like I got for the Jane Austen ones, and love that bookmark!

Free/Cheap Ebooks:



























I know, too many again.  But I can't help myself.  Unfortunately with school back in, I haven't had as much time to zip through these free e-books.  And the one I'm reading at the moment, while one that I like, and is in a series I need to know what happens, it isn't as quick a read as the first two in the series were as it seems there is so much info in this one that I have to read every word so I can figure out what is really causing all the problems, to solve it!

Those are the tons of books I added this week to my shelves. What did you add to yours?