Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday Post #53 and Stacking the Shelves April 10th, 2016

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.  I had another week that I didn't do this, because I did the March wrap up post and didn't feel like I had time last Sunday for this. Plus I worked both Saturday and Sunday of last weekend, so that messed up my time as well. So my post today will cover the last two weeks.

Last two weeks on the blog:
 I got my two reviews a week done.  I had a lot of promo posts these past two weeks.  Meant to cut down on them, but seems like I can't seem to get away!  But a few of them are ones that are books I am really excited about, so that's okay.  My exercising was okay, although I only got one time done last week, my Saturday plans got a little messed up.  My April calendar looks insanely busy!  I've got to give myself a break I think.  I'm still a bit behind, or ahead on reviews?  I've got several books done that I  need to review, but need to sit down and do them!  I'm hoping since I don't work until Friday this week that I can get them done.  I was going to do an April Instagram Challenge, but know that I am not always good about some of the days.  So instead, I'm joining in as I see a day that is a theme I can do.

This week on the blog:
  • Reviews:  Losing It by Cora Carmack (audiobook), Broken Trust by Michelle Sodaro, On Dublin Street by Samantha Young (audiobook), and Darla's Story by Mike Mullin (audiobook)
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Cover Characteristic:  Bathrooms
  • Promo Post:  Romancing the Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
I did go to the gym today, hoping to count it as last week.  If I can, I'm going to to try to go both Tuesday and Thursday this week to get twice in this week.  We'll see just how busy I get though.  I'm having to tell myself not to listen to my audiobooks all the time, and make sure I read more of my actual physical books.  I've also got an ARC that I started, and while I can see that it might be good, I am not sure if it is going to annoy me the whole time with how it is written.  I get why it is written that way, but it may be too much for me.  Still waiting for whoever has the audiobook of After Ever Happy to check it back into the digital library so that I can listen to it and get back into my story that I love so much.  I have been really good about not downloading egalleys unless I know I can read them. There is one that I downloaded so happy to read, but then the format of the galley was too hard to read, so I'll have to wait.  :-(





Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  This stack you see below is from the last two weeks.  
  • The top 3 books I got through trades or winning from blogs:  Red Rising, Unmade, and And I Darken.  
  • The fourth one which is really hard to see is Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine, and I checked it out from my school library because I was approved for the sequel as an egalley so I need to read the first one!  I'm so excited for this after all I've heard.
  • The bottom four books are ones I bought.  Pleasure Exchange was on the clearance table at my bookstore, so I thought it might be a good one to try for 50% off.  The one above it, The Bookstore, was on the bargain table, so with my discount it was a good deal.  Lux:  Opposition I had to order in and buy so I could continue the series after how Origin left off.  And His Kind of Trouble is one that we had the author in our store to autograph recently, and the synopsis just sounds good. 
E-books:




The first one was free. The second one was a good deal, $1.99, so I bought it because I've wanted to read it for a while.
E-galleys:




I mentioned the first one and that is why I checked the other book out.  The second one is by an author that I was pleasantly surprised by another book she wrote before. 

So those are the items I added to my shelves this past week. What is new in your collection?