Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Bits and Pieces (Rot and Ruin #5) by Jonathan Maberry

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.  I've chosen a book that is novellas for a series that I am a fan of that have been grouped together to make one book that will be put out in print.  I also have a bit of a personal connection to the stories because one of them I named through a contest on Facebook, Tooth and Nail.  The ebook has a thank you to me at the beginning of the story, and I'm hoping to see it in print now as well!  If you are  zombie fan and haven't read this series by Jonathan Maberry, you need to pick it up.  I haven't actually read the last book yet, so I don't know how it will end, but I have loved all of the books so far.  Here is the blurb about this book of short stories from Goodreads:

Return to the zombie apocalypse wasteland that is the Rot & Ruin in this short story collection from Jonathan Maberry.

Benny Imura’s zombie-infested adventures are well-chronicled in the gripping novels Rot & Ruin, Dust & Decay, Flesh & Bone, and Fire & Ash. But what else was happening while he was on his quest? Who were the others navigating the ravaged landscape full of zombies?

Bits & Pieces fills in the gaps about what we know about First Night, surviving the plague, and traveling the land of Rot & Ruin. Eleven all-new short stories from Nix’s journal and eleven previously published stories, including “Dead & Gone” and “Tooth & Nail,” are now together and in print for the first time, along with the first-ever script for the Rot & Ruin comic books.


So, have you read this series yet?  I'm so excited for the 11 short stories, especially ones I have not read yet.  What book are you eagerly awaiting this week?