On with the reading stats for September.
According to Goodreads, I've read 167 of the 220 books goal for the year. September made up 21 of those. Most of the month I was either right on schedule, or a book ahead, but I'm two books ahead at the moment, or as of the time I posted this I was. That's because I had a couple I had to rush to complete because I'd gotten behind.
Here is a list of books I read in September, and I'll link to my review if I've finished it:
- Handle With Care by Helena Hunting
- Love Hacked by Penny Reid
- The Hive by Barry Lyga and Morgan Baden
- Jock Road by Sara Ney
- Tiger Queen by Annie Sullivan
- Styx and Stones by Carmen Jenner
- Truly Yours by Kennedy Fox
- Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words by Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt
- Hungry Hearts Anthology
- I'm Not Dying With You Tonight by Kimberly Jones and Gilly Segal
- No Judgments by Meg Cabot
- Fake Date by Monica Murphy
- Exile from Eden by Andrew Smith
- Closer by Kylie Scott
- Beauty and the Mustache by Penny Reid
- The Speed of Falling by Nancy Richardson Fischer
- Team Player 2 Anthology
- Reveal by K. Bromberg
- Kiss Me Tonight by Emma Hart
- Slay by Brittney Morris
- Harbor for the Nightingale by Kathleen Baldwin
Books that I read in August but didn't get reviewed until September are the two audiobooks I mentioned last month, and I reviewed them in the same post HERE.
Another stat I want to talk about is books that I don't finish. I'm up to 14 for the year, two from this past month.
My number of posts in September was back up, I had 44, which is way over my goal of only one post per day. I have got to quit signing up for tours! I'm doing a lot better about quickly scanning tour group emails for any books that either I know I want to read, or else making sure I don't have anything already scheduled. Of those 44 posts, 17 were reviews, one of which was more than one book reviewed. I've been good with my weekly posts I want to keep up with too. My rating was even higher than last month, 4.8 stars! I guess that's what I get when I give up on books I'm not enjoying instead of fighting my way through ones I'm not enjoying. It also means I guess, that I'm picking the right books to review, since pretty much all of them were review books.
Okay, on with my challenges.
1. Once again I kept up with my Looking Forward To posts, on Wednesdays as much as possible to tie in with the Can't Wait Wednesday posts.
I'm still working on visiting other blogs and commenting as much as I am posting on my own blog, but I still haven't been keeping track of it in my calendar where I was trying to do that. Don't know if that'll ever get going again.
Been doing well on cleaning up my Goodreads TBR with my weekly post and giveaway (except that I keep adding new to Goodreads), as well as even my physical TBR a little. I think I now have two people occasionally joining in, and you should feel free to join in as well. Here are the posts for that:
2. My Reading Goals are coming along with the Goodreads challenge as I mentioned above.
No new discussions this month. Again.
And.... I still need some kind of button for the First in the Series Challenge, although once again, didn't do any from my list!
Looking forward to in October:
Okay, so here is my proposed TBR based on my blog tours and review requests for this month:
- The Burning Shadow by Jennifer L. Armetrout - hoping to read this weekend and post a review next week
- The Good Luck Girls by Charlotte Nicole Davis - I've got to get read and post a review this coming Tuesday, the 8th. Probably should have brought it with me on my trip this weekend instead of the JLA book. Oh well.
- Beard With Me by Penny Reid, currently reading and loving - posting review on the 9th as part of a tour.
- Call Me, Maybe by Stephie Chapman - posting review on the 13th as part of a blog tour
- Sticking to the Script by Stella Weaver - reading a bunch of the SmartyPants Romance series from Penny Reid's publishing company. I think I'm posting a review on the 24th, but not part of a tour that I know of at this moment, in fact this isn't one that I'd signed up to review, just to promote, so we'll see
- A Lie for a Lie by Helena Hunting - posting review on the 17th as part of a blog tour
- Weight Expectations by M.E. Carter - another SmartyPants Romance title, this one I believe I'm posting the review on the 16th as part of a blog tour
- The Second We Met by Maya Hughes - posting review on the 18th per author's request
- Happy Trail by Daisy Prescott - posting review as part of a tour on the 23rd
- Kiss Me Again by Emma Hart - posting review as part of a tour on the 24th
- The Bookworm Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts - posting review as per publisher request on the 27th
- Love in Due Time by L.B. Dunbar - another SmartyPants title and posting review as part of a tour on the 28th
- A River of Royal Blood by Amanda Joy - hope to read and review the ARC by the 30th
- Stud Muffin by Jiffy Kate - another SmartyPants Romance - review won't be posted till November 1st though for a tour
- The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White - finally gave in and requested the egalley, even though I am so wanting the physical ARC of this favorite author of mine, but probably won't actually post a review till November
- Every Stolen Breath by Kimberly Gabriel - I have an ARC to read, probably won't post a review till November again
- Sick Kids in Love by Hannah Moskowitz - I have the e-galley, won't post a review till November
- The Tenth Girl by Sara Faring - I have the ARC of this one, hoped to have it read last month, but since I didn't, hoping to read this month
- Michigan Vs. The Boys by Carrie S. Allen - I did not get this ARC read last month as planned, so maybe this month?
- Salvaged by Madeleine Roux - I have an ARC of this and it is published on the 15th, so I'd love to get it read and reviewed by then or close to then
- The Memory Thief by Lauren Mansy - I meant to get this ARC read last month, but didn't
- The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh - Got an ARC from Bookish First, still need to read!
- In the Hall with the Knife by Diana Peterfreund - I somehow was lucky enough to get an ARC of this in the mail last week, but no idea when I'll get time to read it
- Dating-ish by Penny Reid - audiobook I'm listening to right now and should finish for sure this month
With another crazy month, I'm skipping the Best of the Bunch thing again and just going ahead and wrapping up this post. Hope everyone had a great September, and here's to an even better October! I'm so glad that fall weather finally seems to be here!