Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Lisa's Looking Forward To #35 - October 22nd, 2019

Back to joining up with the Waiting on Wednesday Posts, and the Can't Wait Wednesday posts hosted by Wishful Endings.  Another smaller list this week.  And, next week is my birthday!  So it's like some of these are birthday presents for me. 

From my ARC list for October 22nd, 2019:


Definitely a fun sounding re-imagining of the whole Greek gods and other stories. 

Here is the blurb from Goodreads:

Sixteen-year-old Ariadne’s whole life is curated and shared with the world. Her royal family’s entertainment empire is beloved by the tabloids, all over social media, and the hottest thing on television. The biggest moneymaker? The Labyrinth Contest, a TV extravaganza in which Ariadne leads fourteen teens into a maze to kill a monster. To win means endless glory; to lose means death. In ten seasons, no one has ever won.

When the gorgeous, mysterious Theseus arrives at the competition and asks Ariadne to help him to victory, she doesn’t expect to fall for him. He might be acting interested in her just to boost ratings. Their chemistry is undeniable, though, and she can help him survive. If he wins, the contest would end for good. But if she helps him, she doesn’t just endanger her family’s empire―the monster would have to die. And for Ariadne, his life might be the only one worth saving.

Ariadne’s every move is watched by the public and predestined by the gods, so how can she find a way to forge her own destiny and save the people she loves?


Sound good?  Add to Goodreads HERE
 


This one sounds like it could be a really intense one.

Here is the blurb from Goodreads:

Teenage burn survivor, Wilder Tate, begins high school ashamed of his disfigurement. He finds an outlet tapping into his one-dimensional basketball talent as a shutdown defender and courts his cheerleader dreamgirl, only to endure heartbreak and setbacks that drive him to have a tissue expander operation to rid himself of his scar tissue for good, but at what price? The operation costs him his basketball career and puts a wedge between him and his best friend, his mother, and his classmates. The only girl who understands him is Lane Makansi, an ostracized and bullied cutter who sees the truth of Wilder's self-loathing. Their unlikely friendship begins to salve their deep internal wounds when tragedy strikes--and Lane is the culprit. In the aftermath, Wilder discovers a capacity to forgive and empathize that he has never once applied to himself, leading to a dramatic decision that will change his life, and Lane's life, forever.

Sound good?  Add to Goodreads HERE.




 

Of course I love this author, and I've loved this series so far.  How fitting that the final one comes out on my birthday!  I will be reading this one and reviewing for a tour.

Here is the blurb from Goodreads:

WANTED: ROOMMATE. Must be tidy, polite, and absolutely not my brother's hot as sin best friend.

I have no idea why I said yes.
Maybe I'd had one too many wines. Maybe I'd done it accidentally. Maybe I'd been sleep-texting.

One thing I know for sure is this: I absolutely do not want Ethan Hawkins in my apartment, up in my business, taking over my space.
Yet he's here. Moving his stuff into my spare bedroom. Sending a wave of panty-melting, musky man-scent my way every time he walks past me.

Here's the thing.
We don't get along--at all. We never have, and I don't think we're going to start now that we're under one roof.

There's also that little issue where I'm kinda, sorta, totally in love with him...

Uh-oh.


Sound good?  Add to Goodreads HERE




Final Thoughts:
I will be reading and reviewing the last one next week, so stay tuned for that.  Have you read any of these yet?  Are they on your TBR?  And hey, while you're here, you should go try to win some of my ARCs from Cleaning Up My TBR Post HERE.  The US only giveaway is open till Friday at midnight, there are even some 2019 ARCs that can be one of your two choices.