Friday, October 18, 2019

Release Tour Review: The Second We Met (Fulton U #2) by Maya Hughes

Book info:
TitleThe Second We Met
Author:  Maya Hughes
SeriesFulton U #2
Genre: NA contemporary romance
Cover Design:  Najla Qamber Designs
Photo:  Wander Aguiar
Release Date:  October 17th, 2019

Source: E-galley from author which did not influence my opinion
My rating:  5 stars

Synopsis

Dear Jerk Across the Street, sorry for accidentally walking in on you and catching an eyeful of your—equipment. And hard pass on the open invitation to join you in the shower “anytime”, A-hole.



That’s the note I should’ve written. Instead I sent a pleasant and apologetic version.



Had I known Phoenix “Nix” Russo would’ve been the neighbor from hell, I’d have told him right where he could shove my words.



Nix is the big man on campus with everyone lined up at his games to make sure he knows it. Sure, he’s got piercing blue eyes, abs that don’t quit and a smile that could set fire to a set of panties from a hundred yards away, but he’s also the biggest pain in my ass.



Dear Pink-Haired Menace, learn how to take a joke and stop being such a kill-joy...



Elle Masterson called the cops on one of my parties—again. My sweet talking usually gets me out of trouble, but this time it got me into a nice pair of silver handcuffs. Now I’m on a reputation rehab tour with a stop at a spring break community service project.



Guess who’s my new boss?



Now we’re shoulder to shoulder, sweaty, tired and…she’s not anything like I expected. There might just be a heart under that hardass exterior. She’s invading my dreams and I can’t shake the feeling she’s the key to unlocking a piece of me that I’ve hidden away.



It’s only a matter of time until she finds out why I’m really here.


Maybe I can break through her walls and into her heart before that happens...one screw at a time.

PURCHASE ON AMAZON
or Read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited 








READ CHAPTER ONE HERE:
https://www.mayahughes.com/blog





My Review:

I really, really, really loved the first book in this series, so I was very excited for this one.  And this was one I could barely put down.  But of course there were so many things going on when I got the chance to finally pick it up and read, that I had to.  What I loved though, was that it took no time to dive right back into the story when I was able to get back to it.  I enjoyed getting back to the characters I'd met and fell in love with in The Perfect First, and there were a few that I now am even more excited to hopefully see them get their own stories.  I felt that Elle did totally overreact in a lot of the situations that happened, but it was definitely easy to see with her background experiences with other guys why she did that.  But I like how Nix handled it.  Her drama didn't lead him to add more unnecessary drama, and to me, it was realistic how he handled each of her crazy times. His reactions to what normally would turn into the drama just for drama's sake in a story are what made my wavering between 4.5 and 5 stars keep it bumped up to a full 5 stars.  And I like that she would apologize when she realized she needed to.  I'm really becoming a huge fan of this author, and as I mentioned before, can't wait for more stories in this world.  I'm especially excited to see Jules and Berk's story in hopefully the next one!








GOODREADS LINK:






ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE FULTON U SERIES




#1 The Perfect First









Free in Kindle Unlimited



AUTHOR BIO


Maya Hughes can often be found sneaking in another chapter while hiding in the bathroom from her kids! :-) I’m a romance writer who loves taking inspiration from everyday life, namely my husband and biggest fan. Inspiration also strikes when I hear a song, meet someone new or daydream while at soccer practice.



I’m the mom of three little ones, the wife to an amazing husband and also work full time. Some of my favorite things are cinnamon rolls, white wine, laughing until I can’t breathe and traveling with my family.



AUTHOR LINKS