Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: A Crown of Wishes (Star-Touched Queen #2) by Roshani Chokshi

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.  This week I've once again chosen a sequel.  The way the first book, The Star-Touched Queen, ended, I needed to know more, I was left unsure exactly how things ended up.  But with this second book, I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn from another point of view.  Here's the blurb from Goodreads:

The new novel follows Gauri, the younger sister of the titular Star-Touched Queen, on her harrowing quest for freedom.

When Gauri, the princess of Bharata, is captured by her kingdom’s rivals, she can only find help in Vikram, the cunning prince of an enemy kingdom. Unsatisfied with royal life, Vikram offers Gauri a chance to win back her kingdom in exchange for her battle prowess. They set aside their differences and team up to compete in the Tournament of Wishes, wherein the Lord of Wealth promises a wish to the victor. Every which way they turn new trials will test their wit and strength. But what Gauri and Vikram soon discover is that there’s nothing more dangerous than what they most desire.




Have you read the first book yet?  Does this one sound like one you'd want to read?  What book or books are you eagerly awaiting this week?

18 comments:

  1. I'm really intrigued that they're continuing the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too. I couldn't tell if the first one really ended or not.

      Delete
  2. That cover is gorgeous...but I'm a little off of high fantasy/kingdoms/royalty type thing lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it depends just how quickly it grabs me these days.

      Delete
  3. This looks very interesting :) Hope you enjoy it when you read it! Here's my
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will be as interesting as the first one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Sounds intriguing. And what a fabulous cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful!! Just like the first one!

      Delete
  5. I am dying for this book! The cover is beautiful and Roshani's writing is so amazing, I just know I will adore this book! <3

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, the writing was just wonderful. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I never read The Star Touched Queen, so I can't say I'm looking forward to this one! The cover is beautiful though! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good fantasy story, and the covers are both so great! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. I haven't read the first one yet but its definitely at the top of my to read list! Or maybe I should wait till this one comes out?
    Check out my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably don't need to wait. But it's always nice to read books in a series together if you can. If you like the world then you get to stay in it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to read this book as well! I liked (but didn't love) The Star-Touched Queen, so I am definitely going to read this book. Great choice, Lisa!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really liked the first one, even though I did have a few issues with it. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. I haven't read the first book myself yet, but is one that I do want to read. I especially like the sound of this sequel too, so I know I have to push the first one up on my TBR already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you can just wait till the second is out and read them together! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.