Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: The Marked Girl by Lindsey Kingele

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.  My choice this week is a book by an author that is new to me.  And it is the beginning of a new series, I think.  It sounds like a retelling of a fairy tale, and that is a favorite of mine!  So I'm excited to read it.  Here is the blurb from Goodreads:

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away (Los Angeles)…

When Cedric, crowned prince of Caelum, and his fellow royal friends (including his betrothed, Kat) find themselves stranded in modern-day L.A. via a magical portal and an evil traitor named Malquin, all they want to do is get home to Caelum—soon. Then they meet Liv, a filmmaker foster girl who just wants to get out of the system and on with her life. As she and Cedric bond, they’ll discover that she’s more connected to his world than they ever could’ve imagined…and that finding home is no easy task…

Worlds collide in The Marked Girl, an exciting fantasy tale turned upside down.  



Sounds like it could be a fun one!  What do you think?  What book are you eagerly anticipating this week?

26 comments:

  1. This sounds like it has a lot of potential. I'll have to look for some reviews once it is out.

    My WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2016/01/waiting-on-wednesday-americas-first.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it sounds like it could really be a good one! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this one, but it sounds like it's going to be really good. I love the idea of it, great WOW choice! Here's my WOW http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2016/01/waiting-on-wednesday-gemini-by-sonya.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have enjoyed all the fairy tale retellings. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Ah, intriguing issues...the foster girl caught my interest. Thanks for sharing and enjoy. Here's mine: “JUST FALL”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see how the author does this retelling. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Alluring cover and intriguing blurb. Seems interesting. Nice pick!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a different type of pick for me this week. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I'm not sure about this book but it seems kind of fun :) I hope you enjoy it, Lisa!

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it turns out good. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. This sounds really good. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hoping to get it soon! Glad you could stop by!

      Delete
  7. I have the eGalley of this and I'm quite excited to get around to it! Great choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I got the egalley, but that's okay. I can wait. I think. :-) I'll have to check your review!

      Delete
  8. This does sound like fun! Another one to add to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing, I hadn't heard of it before! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to find new books on the WOW posts, sometimes it seems like we're all waiting on the same things. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I can't believe I've not heard of this one before! It sounds incredibly awesome though; thanks for bringing it to my attention. :D
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I actually did this post back in November, so I'd almost forgotten about this one as well! So glad for the reminder. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  10. I absolutely can't wait to read this book! I got an eARC from Edelweiss. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Lisa. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I had the egalley, but may have to go check. It sounds really good! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. I'm waiting to read this one too ~ Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover of this book, I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not sure what book I'm anticipating right now. Just trying to keep my head above water as I'm behind -- again! :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was finally making some headway over my Christmas break. But now I'm behind again! It takes no time for that to happen.

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.