Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sunday Post #47 and Stacking the Shelves January 3rd, 2016

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.  Of course I didn't get around to this last weekend, the holidays kept me busy!  So here is what happened over the last two weeks.

Last two weeks on the blog:
I definitely kept up with my 2 reviews a week, getting six posted. And I have one more that I'm waiting to get written later this week.  I signed up for a few challenges, although I'm considering joining the End of Series one again this year. Depends on how many series I'm still working on.  If you want another challenge to possibly join, feel free to go join my It's New to Me Series Starter Challenge.  While the first giveaway is over, there will be more throughout the year.  I'm thinking every 3 months I'll give away a book to the people who participate and post links to their reviews on the end of the month posts I plan to do. I also got quite a bit of coloring done in my new coloring books, and with the cool new gel pen set I got for Christmas.  I got a new calendar that I'm going to try to use to keep my blogging schedule better, as well as a new way of keeping track of my egalleys.  I also sent my dogs to stay with a friend for a couple of days so that I could get my 2nd bedroom, which I consider my personal library, organized.  Here's a picture of it.

Next week on the blog:
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Promos:  Ascendancy (The Van Winkle Project #2) by Karri Thompson; Blood, Milk, and Chocolate Part 2 by Cameron Jace
  • Possible Reviews:  Alienated by Melissa Landers (audiobook), Raging Sea by Michael Buckley, and Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Possible Cover Characteristic:  Jewels
One of my goals this year was to cut back on signing up for tours. So I have two this week still, but that is all.  And if I have a day or two without a post, I'm okay with that.  I can spend those days making sure to go visit other blogs and leave comments.  Another one of my blog goals this year.  I got a lot of walking in over break, I had lots of long shifts at the bookstore where I work part time, and got lots of steps in that way.  School starts back up.  I'll be working on shelving at least half of the 2000 books we got in our library back before break.  And I need to redo my big display, and also my bulletin board. 


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  For the most part I did a good job at not adding too many books to my pile.  First I got an awesome box of books from my #TBTBSanta as you can see from this picture:




I got a couple of cool books, one I'd read and just needed to own my own copy of, Frostfire by Amanda Hocking, and the other a sequel to a book I've been reading to read for awhile, Empire of Night by Kelley Armstrong.  Also lots of candy, some treats for my two dogs, and cool bookmarks!  Unfortunately my Secret Santa didn't leave me any email or Twitter handle or Blog info, and I have no way to get in touch to thank her.  :-(

I also had an awesome succesful trade for Fairest, with some extra stuff thrown in:
So even though so far I've only read Cinder, I now own all the other books in the Lunar Chronicles so that I can read straight through the rest!  

Purchased books:




Finally got around to buying Untamed, can't wait to fit it into my reading schedule!  And the otheer book, I love the Shopaholic series, and don't have this one. When I saw it on the bargain tables at the bookstore where I work for $5.98, I had to buy it with my 30% employee discount.  

I think I got some egalleys, but I didn't write them down anywhere, so I can't share.  :-(  I'm also trying very hard not to keep downloading tons of free ebooks, so for the last two weeks I didn't open any of those emails.  

So that is how my last two weeks went, as well as what I added to my shelves.  How about you?  Did you add a lot of new books to your shelves this week?