Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday Post #48 and Stacking the Shelves January 10th, 2016





The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.  First week back in school since winter break.  And it was so busy!  I didn't even get around to going and visiting links on the Waiting on Wednesday sign up page this week.  Oops.  And while I was ahead on reading, well, let's  just say some publishers added some books to Edelweiss that come out in like a week or two, totally piling me up again, and forcing me to make some more decisions on what to actually read.  So let's start with what happened last week.

Last week on the blog:


So it has been an interesting week.  It started off with some kind of issue between my blog and Facebook. For some reason I was unable to link my blog posts up to my blog page on Facebook for any post after last Saturday.  Every time I tried it would say I had some kind of malware extension, and it wouldn't let me post.  So of course I panicked, and researched what kind of virus program I could use on a Mac.  The first one found nothing.  The second one found two, one that it was able to get rid of, and the other that it couldn't get rid of on a Mac, but gave some very confusing instructions which I couldn't figure out.  But as of yesterday, it seems that the issue is done.  I did report it to the Facebook support page, the one that I seriously doubt anyone ever looks at.  But I guess maybe they did, since it works for me again.

I plan to do monthly challenge updates instead of weekly. Especially since I didn't really get any challenges met this week.  But I did find a new book I LOVE!!  Alienated by Melissa Landers is one of my new all time favorite stories.  I'm now debating whether to read the sequel Invaded, or go ahead and download and listen to the audiobook.  I will definitely buy a copy either way.

Coming up this week:
  • Promos:  The Key of Alanar by Rory B. Mackay
  • Reviews:  Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout, The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright (part of tour)
  • Possible reviews:  Will to Survive by Eric Walters
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Cover Characteristic:  Mirrors
At the moment I don't have a post scheduled for every day, and hoping to keep it that way.  That way on the days I don't have anything scheduled I can make sure to catch up on commenting and such.  Hoping to maybe get a little caught up!  

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  I added quite a few books this week.  

From publishers:


  
In the picture on the left are books I got from Sourcebooks.   Now, I first got a package on Monday, and this is what it looked like.




The envelope was open completely at one end. There was one book in it, This Song is Not for You, and a flyer showing three other books besides that one.  I was very disappointed, as one of the books on the flyer was one I'd been really excited about, The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever.  So I emailed the publisher and showed them the picture, and asked if there as any way I might be able to at least get the one other book I'd been hoping for.  That was Monday.  On Friday I received another envelope with the other 3 books in it!  And the agent I'd contacted was at ALA, so that is awesome that he still did that for me!  

The other book is one that I believe I requested a copy of through the Shelf Awareness newsletter, and it was sent to me from Penguin Random House.  

Books for Trade:
-->



The first one I got from Brenda at Whimsy Book Owl.    Stone Cold Touch came from Jessica at Lovin' Los Libros.   Wolf by Wolf came from Fallon at Seeing Double in Neverland.  The first two were through Twitter, the last one through a group on Facebook.  

Other books:



The top one isn't my normal type of read, but the author is Jennifer L. Armentrout, and I'm sure I'll probably love it.  I got a stripped cover copy at the bookstore where I work.  I had to buy Cruel Crown, a copy for myself and one for my school library.  I found Romance is My Day Job at the Dollar Tree store for $1.00.  And I checked out Invaded from my school library until I decide whether I'm going to read it or listen to it. And I will be buying the paperback as soon as it is out to match the paperback I have of the 1st one.

E-galleys:
-->





All of these are ones that I have been really excited for!  

So that is what I've added to my shelves this week.  How about you?