Thursday, September 11, 2014

#TackleTBR Read-a-thon Update for Thursday, September 11th

http://www.wishfulendings.com/2014/08/gearing-up-for-tackle-your-tbr-read.html

I haven't been doing so well with this so far.  You can go see my goals on my original post HERE.  But since I don't have a review to do today, I thought I'd go ahead and do a quick update.

So far:

Today I'm reading H2O by Virginia Bergin.  Which is not on my TBR "pile" but is an e-galley that I need to read before it expires, and because I asked for it, so I need to read them, so I guess they kind of fit the TBR theme.
I doubt I'll finish it today, but probably by tomorrow in order to do a review.
So far the only book I've finished during this read-a-thon was Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi.  And while it wasn't actually "my" book, I checked it out from the library, it fits this as it is one I was meaning to get read.  And it fits my September is for Sequels Challenge.  (Which you can still enter if you want to participate by clicking on the link in the last sentence.)

How are you doing on your read-a-thons or challenges this week?

10 comments:

  1. I just finished my first book, 'Between the Spark and the Burn', yesterday and it also wasn't from my TBR pile but was for the September Sequel challenge. I started 'Tiger Eyes' by Judy Blume, which I also checked out from the library but has been on my 'book to movie adaptations' list for a really long time. After I finish it, I'll be reading something specifically from my personal pile. I need to catch up, though! I feel like this month is already flying by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I am so not doing well with my challenge! I have to get back on track. But I'm trying to keep up with my e-galleys and I've just been so busy! So glad you're participating!

      Delete
  2. I have a few of those types of things to read, too--before they expire on Netgalley. So much to read, so little time! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I'm good till about October 7th, but I hate to fall too far behind. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Ugh! I know what you mean about Netgalley and expiring books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself to quit requesting so many, but then there are so many that I want!

      Delete
  4. I won't start on my e-galley's... They're a main reason for this read-a-thon. :) At least you're still reading. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I need to change from doing every other book an e-galley to maybe one ever three, or one a week.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry you haven't been doing well so far. I hope you are able to get to more of your books and enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't work this weekend, although things keep popping up that I have to do this weekend. But, as long as I don't fall asleep, I can stay up and read tonight and tomorrow!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.