Sunday, September 7, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - September 7th, 2014





Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. I've got a few things to share this week!


E-galleys from Edelweiss:





As you know, I've been lusting after The Cemetery Boys for awhile now, so when I saw others had it last week, I immediately went to download it myself!  The Prey was also on several people's STS last week, and it sounded interesting, so I got it as well.

E-galley from Netgalley:


This is supposedly kind of a retelling of Pinocchio, and I do enjoy a good retelling, so I downloaded it to give it a try.

Won:

I can't for the life of me find the email to remind me who I won this from!  I think I have it written somewhere at work, so I'll look on Monday and update it if I can.

Stripped Covers from bookstore:







 

Working at a bookstore, I've mentioned before that paperback books are often requested to send back to the publisher. But to save money, all the publishers have us do is strip the covers and send just the covers back.  The rest of the book is then thrown away or recycled.  One perk of being a bookseller is that we are allowed to take these occasionally.  So these are ones I was able to get this past week.  I've heard such great things about Mira Grant that I was very excited to get these.

Free Nook Books:

-->


-->




The first three of these are prequel e-novellas. The last one is a short story, only 25 pages, but it was free and sounded like it might be a cute read.

So, lots of new reads this week.  I think maybe I need to make a challenge for next year to make myself read these free books I download, as they often just sit on my Nook HD. 

While you're here, I have one more day left on my September is for Sequels Giveaway.  Click the button below to go enter!

http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2014/09/september-is-for-sequels-giveaway-hop.html