Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Post #13 and Stacking the Shelves September 14th, 2014 and #TackleTBR Read-A-Thon Update





The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.  I have several things coming up this week, so decided to do this plus Stacking the Shelves today, as well as including an update for my Tackle My TBR Read-a-thon that I'm participating in.


Last week on the blog:
 Only 2 reviews this week, not great.  And I've really only got 1 book that has been on my TBR pile and it is the book I'm currently reading.  But I have completed one for my September is for Sequels Challenge.

This week on the blog:

I really must get going on my TBR pile.  I have many sequels that will fit both challenges.  I will have to take a break this week maybe from the e-galleys and get more TBR pile books done.  So that is my goal for this week.  I also have an e-book I need to get read before my stop on the Debut Authors tour next week.  Also, I won free passes to an early showing of The Maze Runner movie this Tuesday night, and so I'll probably talk about that as well!



Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  Lots to share this week!  So let's get started!

E-galley from Edelweiss:

This one doesn't have a cover photo yet, but it sounded really good.  It is Scripted by Maya Rock.  I did get denied an e-galley on Netgalley I believe, but I have since emailed the publisher and it seems like it might be possible they will give me a second chance.  I don't like how Netgalley won't let you change things.  Because I'm not a teacher anymore, I'm a school librarian, and I wish I could put that as my first qualification.

Free Nook books:





Okay, the first one is so not something I really read that much, but the synopsis sounded kind of fun, and it was free.  The second one I've seen around the blogosphere, again, free, so got it.  The last one I'd had marked on my Goodreads TBR for awhile, so I snatched it when I saw it free.

Gift:

You might remember me mentioning that I had to take the Praxis test for my library job last week.  Well, it was on a computer, and so I was able to get my results as soon as I was finished, and I passed!  My co-librarian surprised me with this as a gift on Friday.  She chose it because I'd talked about going to visit my sister in NYC and seeing Central Park.  It is a beautiful coffee table book with a lot of the history of Central Park.  I've of course paged through it, but will have to do more in depth reading eventually.

Stripped covers from bookstore:

-->



I explained about the strip covers in last week's Stacking the Shelves, but it was neat to get these two.  I just need the one in between them I think.

Borrowed:

As I mentioned earlier, I just finished Unravel Me so now I am so ready to read the final book!  Another perk at the bookstore where I work is being able to check out hardcover books from the store.  And that is what I did with this one.

Purchased:




The first is the sequel to a book by a friend of mine, Arianna's Honor.  I had to get a copy from her now that it has been published, and now that I had the money.  Can't wait to read on and see what happens next.  I'm also very excited that I've been getting to hang out with her a lot lately, and she's agreed to kind of be my writing partner during NaNoWriMo this year.  We had breakfast together this morning and did some brainstorming and suggestions for each other's ideas for November.  The 2nd book is one that I need to read for the Debut Author post next week, and it should be my only non-challenge book this coming week.

Okay, like I said, it's been a big week for new books, but not necessarily great for my challenges.  Hoping to get further this week on those!